Helton 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Helton 2012

In my NL only 5x5 keeper league (10 teams $280 cap). I traded for an $8A Helton giving up a $5B Torres as I needed more RBI production ROS. At $8 Helton could be a good keeper but his age and injury history give me pause. What is the view of his production next year as I may have/or will seek an opportunity to flip him

He is the type of guy you can get again for that amount even after unexpectedly non injury plagued season.

Comment

he'll be 39 next year. Despite having a season most didn't anticipate, I wouldn't think twice to dump him.

Comment

I also own Helton in 2 leagues ($1 in an 18-team mixed) and ($12 in a 12-team NL) and plan to keep him in both "right now". The $1 keeper is a different scenario but in my NL we count BA which to me makes Helton a lot more attractive since there aren't that many guys who you can count on for .300+. Even in a OBA league you could make the same case.

Odds are he regresses yet again next year but he sure he seems to be playing much better this year.

Comment

Working...
        X