NL Keeper mega trade thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NL Keeper mega trade thoughts

11 team league. I'm currently in 1st, 5 points ahead of 2nd and 7 ahead of 3rd.
    I'm 2nd in HR (7 behind the leader), 1st in RBI, clinging to 2nd in SB (3SB separate 2nd from 5th), 1st in RBI, 4th in W, 7th in S, 6th in ERA, an 1st in Ks.

Here's my roster: Iannetta, McKenry, Barajas, Overbay, Helton, Walker, Altuve, Starlin Castro, Reyes, ARam, Upton, Braun, Ethier, Stanton, Reed Johnson
    My staff: Hanrahan, Dempster, Kuroda, Zimmerman, Harang, Cain, Bumgarner, W Rodriguez, Carpenter and Lilly

I also have Cozart and Broxton on the DL.

The 5th place owner made a flurry of moves to try to get into the running and has now lost Rasmus and Weeks, so he decided to pack it in and made this trade offer:

He gives: Votto, D Wright, Pujols, Carlos Lee, Brandon Phillips, Putz, Kershaw, and Gallardo

I give: Overbay 12, Helton 4, Stanton 4, Altuve 4, Walker 2, Hanrahan 2, Zimmerman 1 and Harang 11.

Does this make sense for me? I still have Upton 17 and Braun 17 for next year, but Stanton seems to be on the verge of being a beast. (Yes I know if you can win this year don't worry about next year)

If this owner hadn't suffered these last 2 losses on his team, I'd be sitting pretty right now. However, he will be shopping these players to the other 3 teams behind me if I turn this down.
    I have considered throwing in Cozart and Broxton and asking him to replace Putz with Cliff Lee since one closer will not change my standings.

Any thoughts, ideas and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Stanton at $4 is great but I think you have to take that deal. If you can get Cliff Lee instead of Putz for those two DL guys even better but take the original deal if that doesn't work.

Another option if you are hesitant to trade Stanton is see how much you can get from this owner without giving up Stanton. Perhaps you can see what Hanrahan, Zimmerman and Altuve (and possibly Cozart and Broxton - not sure of their salaries) will bring you. Make sure you get as many stolen bases as you can cause that seems to be your closest category. If that fails, and don't push him too hard, take the deal. Sometimes the best defense is a good offense.
    I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

I assume that's the pitching Zimmerman?

If so, the only hesitation you should have is:
      - do I need to win by THIS many pts?
      - who do I know who can recommend a good champagne?

Not sure I've seen anything like this.
      He should offer you 2/3 of this haul, then another 1/3 to the rest, and get a lot more back.

Stanton is a budding star, but he may hit .250 for a while and not steal too many bases. That's not exactly Pujols, and this guy is gift-wrapping a title. Walker and Hanrahan are nice, but not locks for stardom for the next 5 years either. You may be selling high with both.
      Last edited by Judge Jude; 07-28-2011, 09:07 PM.
      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Well he doesn't want to include Lee - I think he would like to use him in another small deal. Cozart is $4 and Broxton is $2. He's willing to give up so much because of Stanton.

Comment

The deal went down with Lee instead of Kershaw plus he threw in Morton, which I know is no big deal. I don't agree with his idea of trading everything away in one deal - he probably could have received much more by splitting up his stars. I found out that he messaged at least one other owner (who called me today) that he was in the process of making a blockbuster with me and had a few extra players available. Of course there wasn't any reason for the 2nd place owner to make any small deal since he'll probably finish second as it is. The second place owner who called me had no problem with the deal since he would have done the same thing. I just wish that the dumping owner would have made more of an attempt to get more.

Comment

For some reason I've started feeling guilty about this trade. I know I had to make the deal or someone else would have made it instead of me, but I do feel bad that it upset the balance because the other owner (who is also the commish) didn't try to shop his players around. I've opened up a 12 point lead over 2nd place but the thrill is not there. Is it normal to feel this way?

Comment

Working...
            X