No announcement yet.

2K11: Jayson Werth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you are looking for a guy to hit a bunch of homers[20-25] many doubles [often leading the league], and play terrific defense that will keep him in all 9 innings [unlike, say, Burrell], then Werth is your guy. If you want consistent, game in, week in offense, then shop elsewhere. If you want that clutch run driven in, maybe get someone else [RISP was awful last year and never a strong point]. I always got the feeling he was at his best when he blended into the woodwork and was not called upon to be "the man", as was the case when so many Phil's starters went down in mid-season last year and he was not able to provide that offensive spark. Maybe he will rise to Washington's expectations, but I would not bet the farm on it.
    Bearin' up!

Comment

I guess this site is overblowing the differential between CBP and the Nats home too.....

Welcome to StatCorner.com! We’re currently building the most in-depth collection of sports statistics and information, but in the meantime, please check out some of the resources from our archives: Articles About tRA Catchers and Framing Explainer Park Factors Definition Reports Catcher Report Park Report Team Report Pitcher Report There’s a lot more to come, so … Continue reading "Welcome to StatCorner.com!"

Nats

PARK FACTORS (LHB/RHB)
      K: 94 / 102 GB: 102 / 101
      BB: 99 / 97 OF: 98 / 96
      1B: 101 / 98 LD: 108 / 106
      2B: 108 / 95 IF: 90 / 91
      3B: 130 / 82 HBP: 124 / 105
      HR: 94 / 100 wOBA: 103 / 97

PARK FACTORS (LHB/RHB)
      K: 100 / 102 GB: 103 / 101
      BB: 100 / 98 OF: 90 / 96
      1B: 105 / 97 LD: 108 / 103
      2B: 92 / 99 IF: 102 / 99
      3B: 85 / 86 HBP: 85 / 85
      HR: 116 / 120 wOBA: 103 / 101
      After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by billbuckner View Post
        Ah yes. Our annual "How much is he Werth?" thread.
        You have the perfect icon for that line.

J
        Last edited by onejayhawk; 02-06-2011, 04:04 PM.
        Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505;3027[B
          ]The Nats' park factor was way overblown back when Alfonso Soriano got traded there and apparently it still is.[/B]

I think Werth performs pretty close to what he did in 2010, but with a slight regression in BA (his BABIP was .352 last year).

I like Revo's projections and think that Werth may even end up hitting more HRs than last year if his HR/FB rate gets back up a couple points to 2009 (or even just career) levels.
          FYI, Soriano's issues were in RFK Stadium. He was already in Chicago when the Nats opened up the new ballpark in 2008.

Comment

Originally posted by jayjaybee99 View Post
            FYI, Soriano's issues were in RFK Stadium. He was already in Chicago when the Nats opened up the new ballpark in 2008.
            Agreed. This is a pitcher's park, simple, though not entirely pure.

J
            Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

He may lose a few homers but look at the wOBA factor, he should be able to stay just as productive.

Comment

Anyone have an idea of price in an 8x7 mixed team keeper league?

Comment

Originally posted by TripJ View Post
                  45???

Comment

Originally posted by TripJ View Post
                    26 Quatloos......

what is an 8x7 mixed keeper league? How many owners?
                    "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

I've never been a big fan but I have to hand it to Werth for making himself into a very good and now very rich ballplayer. The fact he's done so without helping the Dodgers is even better.

His 2010 season was helped by an unusually high BABIP and much better success against RHP. It was the first year he ever hit better against RHP; previously he had 50 point platoon splits. It could be he's changed his approach against righties but I'd like to see him show good splits for two years running. He'll lose homers to the park but will gain RBI opportunities and a good number of walks.

600 PAs
                      .265/.368/.469
                      22 HRs
                      103 RBI
                      86 Rs
                      16 SBs

Comment

so far, Werth hasnt shown much power with just 4 HR and has just 7 RBI.
                        After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Werths line
                          AVG R HR RBI SB
                          0.2400 30 8 23 8

on pace for
                          AVG R HR RBI SB
                          .240 77 20 70 20

The RBI are down due to hitting primarily out of the 2 spot. Any thoughts about the other suckage? The SBs ease the pain a little but not enough.

Comment

I suspect he's pressing because he's expected to be "The Man." I would not be surprised to see improvement once Zimmerman is back. Also, I would not be surprised if teams are pitching around him with no Zim or LaRoche to worry about.
                            Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                            We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Jason Bay 222 ab 33 r 6 hr 28 rbi 8 sb .252 ba
                              Jayson werth 308 ab 39 r 10 hr 30 rbi 10 sb .229 ba

Thats how bad Werth has been
                              Last edited by Hammer; 07-06-2011, 09:50 AM.

Comment

Hammer, Werth has 10 HRs, not 0.
                                I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Working...
                                X