Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trading two closers...

11 team mixed 5x5 non-keeper

I'm in 4th place and definitely have a chance to win. I've got 10 points in both ERA and WHIP and both are very safe (big gaps between me and the 9 point guys). 10 points also in AVG.

The time has come to dump saves (2 points and not gaining) and go for big points in the other 9 categories.

Ground can be made in R/HR/RBI/SB as well as Wins and Ks.

I'm shopping both my closers, Soria and Salas, and have received a number of offers back:

- Verlander for both (i.e. Soria + Salas)
    - Kershaw for both
    - Greinke and Logan Morrison for both
    - Werth for Soria alone

Figure the value of Verlander and Kershaw isn't actually that big to me because of my already lofty position in the ratios, but they'd still serve me better than my two closers due to their K potential. I've been fishing for a big bat, preferably an outfielder (my current outfield includes Pierre, Torres, Crisp and Kubel), but can't shake any loose just yet.

Out of interest, if I absolutely had to take one of the four deals above, which would you go for?

Verlander for both (i.e. Soria + Salas) Love for you
    - Kershaw for both Love for you
    - Greinke and Logan Morrison for both like for you
    - Werth for Soria alone no way
    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

take Verlander, or Kershaw if you can't get him. Flip whoever you get for a bat - should be easier than doing it with 2 closers.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
        take Verlander, or Kershaw if you can't get him. Flip whoever you get for a bat - should be easier than doing it with 2 closers.
        Hmmm... good idea actually.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
          Verlander for both (i.e. Soria + Salas) Love for you
          - Kershaw for both Love for you
          - Greinke and Logan Morrison for both like for you
          - Werth for Soria alone no way
          Thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X