Javy Guerra's Value

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Javy Guerra's Value

What do you guy's think Javy Guerra's value is the rest of this season and next year if he continues closing out games the way he has. Do you think it puts Broxton on the trade blocks? Or show cases Guerra enough to be traded somewhere else this off season as a closer? Or does he go back to middle relief when the time comes?

also would you guys hold onto him in a dynasty league if you had the chance?

Broxton's a goner. This was his last year of arbitration eligibility and there's no way the Dodgers pay what it'll take to sign him as a free agent. There's also absolutely no reason for the Dodgers to trade him while he's so cheap. The stumbling block is whether he'll be allowed to retain the closer's role.

I posted this story in another thread - http://sports.espn.go.com/blog/los-a...d/15326/guerra

At this point, the job is his for the taking. His peripheral numbers and minor league history don't point to a dominant closer, but as long as he continues nailing down the saves, he'll keep giving himself more rope. Kenley Jansen is pitching extremely well right now and will jump right in if Guerra fails, but they won't make the switch otherwise. Another concern is management wanting a "proven closer" going into next year, relegating both Jansen and Guerra to setup duty.

I've never played in a dynasty league, so I'm not sure how the rules work, but as of now I'd give Guerra about a 60/40 chance of being the closer next year and 40/60 that he remains the closer for more than a couple years.

Comment

Guerra reminds me of Ryan Franklin.
      After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

"Guerra reminds me of Ryan Franklin. "

Which means?

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny Graves View Post
          "Guerra reminds me of Ryan Franklin. "

Which means?
          A Guy who doesnt have the makeup of a closer yet can stick in that role for awhile.
          After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
            Guerra reminds me of Ryan Franklin.
            A good analogy. I think Guerra has better stuff than Franklin, but his style is sure similar.

Kenny - Who do you toss back in if you keep Guerra? I'd sure be inclined to keep him.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Well we are in a head to head league. Keepers are based on Salary which on the off season I will have enough room to keep him. So I really dont have to toss anyone back in the traditional sense normally used on this site.

Just as a side note About 2 hours ago I traded Carmona straight up Broxton. I figured now I have proection just in case Broxton comes back this year either way I have LA's closer. Also gambled that if this off season Broxton moves on and Guerra keeps the job Broxton goes on to close elsewhere giving me 3 closers now. I was just tired of Carmonas inconsistant ways and if Broxton comes back to his normal self well IMO it was a steal and a half. Carmona also didnt strike out enough batters for my taste. Just for the record my other SP's I still have are: Lincecum, James McDonald, Narveson, Capuano, Chatwood, Hand, Volquez, Jonathan Sanchez, With Mike Montgomery, Zach Lee and Tyler Skaggs of note in the minors.

Comment

Working...
              X