You know it's a good trade when....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You know it's a good trade when....

You know it's a good trade when it hurts to trade a player for someone you want. I certainly didn't want to trade Desmond Jennings but I just did. I traded Jennings and Dee Gordon for Matt Moore, then picked up Lorenzo Cain off the waiver wire. I guess Jennings' debut last night helped get a deal done, but not sure about that. It's a dynasty league with no salaries. I just feel I'd rather have Moore over Jennings long term and I'm simply not that high on Dee Gordon. Pretty much a one trick pony. Besides, I also have Machado.
    Last edited by Roy Hobbs; 07-24-2011, 01:18 PM.

I'm guessing the salary and/or length of contract is what made this a good deal for you?

Comment

on talent alone, you got hosed.
      After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

And despite what fantasy players like to think, it's no done deal that Cain will be the guy if/when Melky is dealt. They really like what Dyson brings to the table on defense, and he's learning how to use his incredible speed to get on base.

I love Moore, and think that he alone makes this a decent deal, but it's not a home run for you.
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
          And despite what fantasy players like to think, it's no done deal that Cain will be the guy if/when Melky is dealt. They really like what Dyson brings to the table on defense, and he's learning how to use his incredible speed to get on base.

I love Moore, and think that he alone makes this a decent deal, but it's not a home run for you.
          I never said it was a home run. I said it was hard for me to trade Jennings. It's a dynasty league with no salaries and I would rather have Moore over Jennings. I'm not that high on Gordon.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
            on talent alone, you got hosed.

Comment

TINSTAAP......I will take the two of them over Moore and Cain. But hey as long as youre happy.
              After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

I like your side of it Mr. Hobbs. Matt Moore has a good shot of being a true ace.

Trades with other savy owners are always painful for both parties. Your definition of a good trade is that both sides get real value. In that sense, I agree with you. You gave a lot to give a lot (in Jennings...Gordon isn't much to toss in to get a deal done imo), and I think you got a little more than you gave.

Edit: Would folks still not like this deal if he got Hellickson, because Hellickson is more proven in the majors? He is the safer bet, but I'd trade Hellickson for Moore.

Comment

Working...
                X