Braves close to acquiring RH Bat....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Braves close to acquiring RH Bat....

...but Dave O'Brien of the AJC didn't mention whom.

Bloggers and the Twitterverse are speculating:
    Josh Willingham
    Ryan Ludwick
    Hunter Pence
    Carlos Beltran
    Jeff Francouer

As I tweeted: If they get Pence or Beltran then I'll be happy. If they get Ludwick or Willingham then I'll be sad. If they get Francoeur then I'll be cheering for the Phillies.
    Last edited by Stephen; 07-20-2011, 05:33 PM.

MLBTR saying maybe Jonny Gomes, which I have to think is a Phillies-level event.

The Braves have interest in Jonny Gomes, report Jon Paul Morosi and Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports (on Twitter). Earlier …

- Mike
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

If Johnny Gomes is used solely against LHP I wouldn't mind acquiring him at all. However, if he's the primary acquisition for the playoff push, I'll be less than whelmed.

Comment

I heard on a weekend game between the Twins and Royals that Francouer isn't on the market, as he wants to stay and the Royals want to keep him.
        "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
        - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
        - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

Ludwick and Willingham aren't bad ideas for additions. They're not elite players but they're productive guys whose numbers have been suppressed by their home parks.
          Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
          We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

I'd love for the Giants to get Pence rather than Beltran
            "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

I think they should just take Matt Diaz back.

Comment

please please please take Gomes......
                After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Working...
                X