Rasmus to Rays?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rasmus to Rays?

I've seen a bunch of rumors and it seems to make sense from the Cards' side anyway -- the Cards look pretty happy with Jay in CF and Rasmus has been a headache for them. Do the Rays actually want him?

I have Rasmus on a $15/2013 LTC in a 12-team NL-only and someone's asking about trading for him. Should I be taking any half-decent offer I can get? I don't think I'll get a full-decent offer out of this guy...

- Mike
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

It sounds like the Rays are interested in getting Rasmus (they were talking about a deal last year). I've also seen his name in potential deals with the Padres, Rockies, Red Sox and Nationals. It still seems doubtful that a deal happens in the next two weeks, because even though the Cardinals aren't opposed to dealing him I doubt they get an offer that they feel compelled to take.

Comment

Unless they are totally out of love with Jennings, makes no sense. Jennings is a natural CF, Joyce is in RF, and they like Guyer a lot for LF.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
        Unless they are totally out of love with Jennings, makes no sense. Jennings is a natural CF, Joyce is in RF, and they like Guyer a lot for LF.
        Someone has to be the DH. Why not Guyer or Joyce, with Rasmus playing a corner?
        Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
        -- William James

Comment

Rasmus figures to go somewhere. He is buried on the bench these days.
          After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
            Rasmus figures to go somewhere. He is buried on the bench these days.
            And rightly so. Jay is hitting well, and Craig may be back soon.
            Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
            -- William James

Comment

Working...
            X