Cutch gets the shaft...again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cutch gets the shaft...again

When Bochy didn't pick Cutch in the first set of picks it was annoying. When MLB ignored him and didn't put him on the final ballot it was frustrating. Now with Victorino hurt and Bochy again passing on him is really upsetting to me. He has .879 ops, he plays a premium OF position and he plays it well and he has speed. Ethier is a good player but McCutchen is having a better year and the Dodgers suck this year, reward the Bucs for finally getting close to mediocrity. Rant over.

Yea that's BS
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

why get upset? It happens all the time and really, does anyone care who's an all-star anymore?
      After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

We don't have much and it would be nice to see the best player on your team make it on merit not just because mlb has to take a player. He also missed the team last year and was having a good year too.

Comment

Gee, do you think there would be more of a stink if the deserving player who got screwed was with a "premium" franchise?
          Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
          -- William James

Comment

Originally posted by Don Quixote View Post
            Gee, do you think there would be more of a stink if the deserving player who got screwed was with a "premium" franchise?
            Didnt Sabathia get snubbed? I would think that qualifies and yet there hasnt been much stink.

Bottom line is if the All Star game went away not many would care.
            After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
              Bottom line is if the All Star game went away not many would care.
              We agree on that much. I've been to two, and it's a boring game, no flow to it with all the substitutions and endless commercial breaks. It made a lot more sense when there was one national game each week. Now, with most teams cablecasting every game plus the Major League package for those who want/can afford it, there's little merit in anyone saying, "but I never get to see these guys without the All-Star Game".
              Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
              -- William James

Comment

Cutch finally gets in the game with Braun pulling himself out.
                I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

I think things worked out perfectly for Cutch. He got a week of great press when everyone complained about his omission, which never would have happened if he made the team right away. And he still gets to be an all-star after all... just as the outrage was starting to die down.

Comment

Now, all that McCutchen has to do to complete this story is to hit the game winning home run in the All-Star game and win the game MVP.
                    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Glad he got in. To be fair though Kevin Correia should not be the replacement pick for Hamels. He has 11 wins, but his ERA is over 4 now.

Comment

no complaints from Bochy here.....NL streak!
                        "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Working...
                        X