Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which NL Scrub Would You Vote Off the Island?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which NL Scrub Would You Vote Off the Island?

I have to activate Pujols (and maybe Mayberry) and have to cut a scrub, but I have gotten some production out of them, and I can't decide who to cut. It's a 12-team NL, and I'm in the hunt, a tight race, been bouncing between first and third. I need all hitting stats about the same. I probably can't move up in SB and the team behind me is a ways off; I'm in a tier by myself.

Downs
    Gamel (keeper price and could really be a steal if he lands 1B in MIL in 2012)
    Desmond
    Duda (keeper price, $1)
    Bloomquist
    Jay
    Hinske

And this point, I'm leaning towards dumping Desmond. I'm getting, essentially, nothing from him now. He got me 20 SBs, but at the rate he's going, Bloomquist will get more from here on out. Downs, Duda and Jay are in line for (at least) short-term ABs. Hinske is solid in part-time play. If Gamel gets sent down, I can stow him away and replace him with another player.

Whom would you cut and why?

I would cut Bloomquist. He's not that good, and his playing time is really cut down with SDrew healthy. He's just a spot starter at SS or LF these days.

Comment

can't believe in a 12-team league you can't deal desmond. those steals are a nice commodity.

Comment

Originally posted by bweiser831 View Post
        can't believe in a 12-team league you can't deal desmond. those steals are a nice commodity.
        He has sucked in every other category.

I would cut Downs.
        After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

I'd cut Bloomquist too.

Comment

Downs for me too.

Comment

I'd dump Downs, but Bloomquist isn't far behind. As Oakland As noted about Bloomquist, he's only getting about 2 starts a week now, with little chance of that increasing, but he seems to do something everytime he plays.

Whatever you do, keep Gamel. It's pretty clear the Brewers aren't going to pony up the cash to re-sign Prince, and Gamel's clearly being groomed for 1B.
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I keep the younger Downs and cut Bloomquist (you do not need the sbs).

Comment

I'd cut Downs, then Bloomquist.
                  finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                  own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                  won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                  RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                  C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                  1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                  OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Thanks guys. I dropped Bloomquist and if I'm forced to activate (or lose) Mayberry, I'll have to revisit this again.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dane View Post
                      Thanks guys. I dropped Bloomquist and if I'm forced to activate (or lose) Mayberry, I'll have to revisit this again.
                      If you have to revisit it, cut Downs or (depending on the Atlanta medical situation) Hinske. At the very least, don't consider cutting Gamel or Jay.
                      Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                      -- William James

Comment

Working...
                      X