Kyle Seager in starting line-up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kyle Seager in starting line-up

Kyle Seager is in the starting line-up tonight for the M's, batting 7th. Per Rotoworld: "Mariners GM Jack Zduriencik said Kyle Seager will start at third base Thursday and should remain the starter there for the foreseeable future."

The skinny from BBHQ: "Seager is a fundamentally-sound infielder with natural swing mechanics and instincts for hitting. He led the High-A California League in BA in '10 and has continued his hot hitting well into '11. Not only does he hit for a high BA, but he puts bat to ball consistently and has enough patience to draw walks and get on base. He has an uncanny ability to hit pitching from both sides, but Seager has below average power and projection. He needs to continue to hit for BA to maximize his bat value, though he is more than a slap hitter - he smashes doubles to the gaps. Seager makes all the routine plays at 2B, but doesn't have the range to be a SS. He has played recently at 3B and he could see significant action at that position in the near-term. Seager has a career line of .329/.402/.474."

Figgins has flat-out played his way out of the starting line-up, if not MLB.
    "Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes." Oscar Wilde
    "The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others." Gandhi
    WRL (AL-only) Champion (league started in 1997) - 1997, '98, 2000, '03, '08, '15, '16, '17
    PVRL (NL-only) Champion (league started in 1986)- 1993, 2004, '05, '06, '10, '11, '14, '16, '17

I'm just glad to see Figgins basically benched for good -- my God has he been awful. Seager's interesting if you're into batting average and walks, and I think he'll make a very fun guy to watch hit.

Now if we can just get a left fielder who doesn't suck.

Comment

Originally posted by Bodhizefa View Post
      I'm just glad to see Figgins basically benched for good -- my God has he been awful. Seager's interesting if you're into batting average and walks, and I think he'll make a very fun guy to watch hit.

Now if we can just get a left fielder who doesn't suck.
      You could add up all the guys who've played LF for Seattle (Bradley, Peguero, Wilson, Saunders, Carp...) this year and he'd STILL suck. What a black hole.
      Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
      -- William James

Comment

Working...
      X