Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rank my big trade

Gave up:

Pedro Alvarez ($10B; $14 next year and up $4 every year after)
    Dee Gordon ($10A; up in 2013)
    Eric Young Jr. ($10A; same as Gordon)
    Dexter Fowler ($16B; $20 next year)
    Jameson Taillon (ML)

for

Ryan Zimmerman ($32)
    David Wright ($34)
    Ian Desmond ($17A; up in 2013)

I also got a first-round pick in our minor league draft

A healthy Wright and Zimmerman should really help me. I hated to give up Dee Gordon. He's a 60 SB guy and probably soon. Alvarez? Who the hell knows. I'm a huge Pirates fan and from that perspective, it was tough to sell him.

NL-only 4x4 by the way.

I'm in 3rd, about 10 points out of first. I did this to get in the money and hopefully move up. The second-place team just traded Cliff Lee to get Bryce Harper so he clearly is more concerned with the future.

You won, going away, salary be damned.

Comment

I like your side as well.

Comment

Yeah, you win. Truth is, Alvarez is the only guy I think you'll really miss by the end of next year. I seriously doubt Gordon will steal 60. Fowler and Young may need new teams to get a chance. Taillion is a TINSTAAP. Good luck. I hope it pushes you into the lead for good.

Comment

thanks. i hate giving up so much of the future, but who knows what any of these guys become.

Comment

I think Taillon is really the only guy you'll miss. Nobody is going to be super excited about paying those high prices for 2012, even if those guys are good players and useful keepers down the road. Maybe Gordon goes into '12 with the job and a projected price around $20 but that's about it.

Comment

Working...
            X