Cozart call up imminent?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cozart call up imminent?

John Fay of the Cincinnati Enquirer reports that a "Zack Cozart" is registered at the Reds' hotel in Milwaukee.
    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Two Louisville Bats have chimed in on Twitter.

First, Yonder Alonso said: “Congrats To my friend an teammate Cozart got the call up!!!”

Dontrelle Willis recently Tweeted: “Come to park and see Cozart’s locker empty and i was juiced!!! Congrads to Zach and the Cozart family.”
    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Awesome!!!

Comment

Rotoworld is now reporting it: "Reds recalled SS Zack Cozart from Triple-A Louisville.A 25-year-old shortstop, Cozart has posted a gorgeous .310/.357/.467 batting line with seven home runs and 32 RBI in 77 games this season at the Triple-A level. He's not likely to find immediate success in the majors, but he has a good glove and should start on a near-everyday basis over veteran backup Edgar Renteria. Cozart may carry some value in NL-only fantasy formats. Jul 7, 4:32 PM"
        "Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes." Oscar Wilde
        "The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others." Gandhi
        WRL (AL-only) Champion (league started in 1997) - 1997, '98, 2000, '03, '08, '15, '16, '17
        PVRL (NL-only) Champion (league started in 1986)- 1993, 2004, '05, '06, '10, '11, '14, '16, '17

Comment

He's in the starting lineup tonight.
          In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

I am surprised they didnt DFA Renteria.

Comment

So I am hearing mixed reports on this kid. 25 year old with a mediocre minor league slash line (.270/.332/.421) but a .310 BA this year with a .351 BABIP. Star in the making or average player? What's the deal with him? I had not heard of him until two weeks ago.
              Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

The kid goes 1-for-3 in his first game with a run scored, and what does Dusty "The Motivator" Baker do in the 8th inning, down three runs? Sends up a pinch-hitter (Heisey), who promptly hits a 10-hopper to the 2B.
                Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                -- William James

Comment

Originally posted by Don Quixote View Post
                  The kid goes 1-for-3 in his first game with a run scored, and what does Dusty "The Motivator" Baker do in the 8th inning, down three runs? Sends up a pinch-hitter (Heisey), who promptly hits a 10-hopper to the 2B.
                  What are you talking about? It was the right move. Theyre playing to win the game not cultivate Cozart.

Comment

Originally posted by DJBeasties View Post
                    So I am hearing mixed reports on this kid. 25 year old with a mediocre minor league slash line (.270/.332/.421) but a .310 BA this year with a .351 BABIP. Star in the making or average player? What's the deal with him? I had not heard of him until two weeks ago.
                    I think more of the latter. Future utility guy, more valuable if he can sustain his high AVG. Not a ton of walks but a good hitter. Not a ton of speed but a good baserunner. Not a ton of range but good hands. And still a lot better than what they have now.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                      What are you talking about? It was the right move. Theyre playing to win the game not cultivate Cozart.
                      Wow, do I disagree with you on this one. You call the kid up because the shortstops on the major league roster aren't hitting. Find out if he can hit! As much as I like Heisey, he's not exactly a monster at the plate right now.

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                      -- William James

Comment

Wow, do I disagree with you on this one. You call the kid up because the shortstops on the major league roster aren't hitting. Find out if he can hit! As much as I like Heisey, he's not exactly a monster at the plate right now.
                        I'm not sure either of you are wrong. More a matter of opinion in my opinion. I think it's one of those that gets second guessed no matter what.

Comment

Cozart went 1-for-5, which brings his BA down to .313. Any bets on whether Dusty benches him and plays Renteria in the "critical" series against the Cards next weekend?

Speaking of Dusty, I had a classic moment earlier this evening. I was having dinner with my mother, who doesn't follow baseball except to be polite to those who do, and after telling her about today's game, she asked, "How does this Baker fellow keep his job? He doesn't seem to do much except sit." After we nearly had enchiladas all over the table, all I could say was, :amen:.

-- William James

Comment

Cozart went 1-for-5, which brings his BA down to .313. Any bets on whether Dusty benches him and plays Renteria in the "critical" series against the Cards next weekend?

Speaking of Dusty, I had a classic moment earlier this evening. I was having dinner with my mother, who doesn't follow baseball except to be polite to those who do, and after telling her about today's game, she asked, "How does this Baker fellow keep his job? He doesn't seem to do much except sit." After we nearly had enchiladas all over the table, all I could say was, :amen:.
                            :ROFL:

BTW Cozart went for $12 in my NL league.

Comment

Working...
                            X