Stubbs-FYI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stubbs-FYI

Sounded like Fay's opinion but he believes theres a possiblity that Stubbs could be sent down to AAA for a spell. 118 k's and he has been totally lost for the last 3 weeks or so.
    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

great. another of my speed guys sent to the minors. doesn't matter. he never gets on any more. knew he wouldn't play tonight after his performance - or lack thereof - last night. i had him as kind of an untouchable on my team, but i guess i have to reconsider that in the right deal.

Comment

I have said it before about Stubbs--I just don't get how a team doesn't understand that they need to ride out the cold streaks for a player like Stubbs. He's a very streaky player, but he is also a very good one. His end of the year numbers will be solid or better. I guess being sent to the miors to get ABs in better than benching him, but Stubbs has been here before, and one any day he can burst out of his funk and go on tear, hitting homers, stealing bases, and just raking in general.

Comment

chris heisey - leadoff HR. dusty looks like a genius again (sarcasm).

i can't believe this kid doesn't play more.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
          I have said it before about Stubbs--I just don't get how a team doesn't understand that they need to ride out the cold streaks for a player like Stubbs. He's a very streaky player, but he is also a very good one. His end of the year numbers will be solid or better. I guess being sent to the miors to get ABs in better than benching him, but Stubbs has been here before, and one any day he can burst out of his funk and go on tear, hitting homers, stealing bases, and just raking in general.
          Yeah, it's like Baker never learns. Stubbs was the same player last year, too -- very streaky and a guy you just have to tough it out with when he's in one of his cold streaks. It happens for a guy with his skillset, and you just have to deal with it. Sending him to the minors wouldn't do anything for him, in my opinion. He'll come out of this eventually. I guess it's easier to say that when we don't have to watch how bad he looks at the plate when all he's doing is striking out a lot and not much else, but honestly, if a manager can't stick it out through the tough times of his good players, what business does he have in the big leagues?

No, I don't hate Dusty Baker.*

*I hate Dusty Baker.

Comment

So the guy on pace for 20 homers and 45 steals needs to be sent to the minors? Makes sense :rollseyes:

Like others have said, he's a streaky guy. Right now he's struggling, but he's just as likely to hit 3 homers and hit .500 in his next 10 games as he is to go 4-40 with 15 strikeouts. When you factor in his stolen base ability and defense he's probably the Reds' best outfielder, so sending him down would be short-sighted and stupid.

Comment

I agree with everything said here but the amount of strikeouts is ridiculous for a guy this fast. He needs to put it in play. Reds woild also be hurting themselves on defense.
              After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                I agree with everything said here but the amount of strikeouts is ridiculous for a guy this fast. He needs to put it in play. Reds woild also be hurting themselves on defense.
                Agreed on both counts. He definitely needs to work on his strikeouts, but that's hard to do from the bench (or against inferior minor league pitching). And yes, the Reds' defense would suffer. Heisey is no Stubbs in the field, that's for sure.

Comment

This kids strikeouts are becoming infuriating. You live with it bla bla bla but this kid isnt hitting 40 bombs. Put it in play dammit!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X