Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Optimal number of closers in a weekly transaction league?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Optimal number of closers in a weekly transaction league?

This is my first year in a weekly trans league and one of the differences I'm still trying to figure out is the optimal number of closers. We start 12 pitchers and 3 of those I have filled with closers although one of them is a mess right now - Axford, Farnsworth, Melancon. I've thought about acquiring another closer but then I'd lose some ground in wins and a little in k's. I could play matchups with my SP more if I had 4 closers but I always guess wrong... So, is there a correct answer? If I have crap closers do I just need to roster more of them?
    "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

I find 3 is the optimal number. I generally go very cheap on closers but this year I paid for 2 stud closers (Beard & Marmol), then got Farnsworth for a buck and Madson off the wire. I've ranged from 1st to 4th in saves all year.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Working...
    X