Chipper's comments..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chipper's comments..

Love these comments! Officiating in this league is sub-standard.

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0ads18cDZLk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Does this strike anyone else as a player at the end of his career trying to bolster the case for hooking on with someone as a minor league manager? Between this and the Heyward fiasco, this guy seems to be floundering around trying to come of as a leader instead of the whiner he's been most of his career... and failing at it.
    "There is involved in this struggle the question whether your children and my children shall enjoy the privileges we have enjoyed. I say this in order to impress upon you, if you are not already so impressed, that no small matter should divert us from our great purpose. "

Abraham Lincoln, from his Address to the Ohio One Hundred Sixty Fourth Volunteer Infantry

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Kohm View Post
      Does this strike anyone else as a player at the end of his career trying to bolster the case for hooking on with someone as a minor league manager? Between this and the Heyward fiasco, this guy seems to be floundering around trying to come of as a leader instead of the whiner he's been most of his career... and failing at it.
      You really DO NOT like Chipper, do ya?

But, hard to argue with this assessment.

Comment

Don't care -- spot on assessment of the shat we have to put up disguised as "umpires"

Comment

I agree with Larry.
          Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

Yeah, that'll get you those borderline calls, Larry.
            Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
            -- William James

Comment

Working...
            X