2K11 Carlos Gomez: Any hope left?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
    If he only has a .300 OBP, the Brewers shouldn't let him get anywhere near 500 AB's.
    With Cain gone, what are their options? I guess Dickerson is an option if he could stay healthy...but he's never had a productive full season.
    2021 Auction Anatomy
    2021 Keeper Decisions
    2020 Auction Anatomy
    2020 Pre-Auction
    2015 Auction Anatomy
    2014 Auction Anatomy
    2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
    RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

Originally posted by ThatRogue View Post
      With Cain gone, what are their options? I guess Dickerson is an option if he could stay healthy...but he's never had a productive full season.
      I'm sure concern about Dickerson's health was an important driver for the Kotsay signing. That and he's a LH batter.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
        Well, if the Brewers are idiots, I can't do anything about that.
        now that Macha is gone SBs should be in more abundance

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
          I'm sure concern about Dickerson's health was an important driver for the Kotsay signing. That and he's a LH batter.
          Can Kotsay still play CF?
          2021 Auction Anatomy
          2021 Keeper Decisions
          2020 Auction Anatomy
          2020 Pre-Auction
          2015 Auction Anatomy
          2014 Auction Anatomy
          2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
          RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

Originally posted by ThatRogue View Post
            Can Kotsay still play CF?
            I doubt his back would hold up to a full-time role in CF. The White Sox didn't have him play a lot out there (more in RF), but he still seems to have OK (not great) range and a solid arm. As an alternate choice if Dickerson is hurt and Gomez stinks (which is a verrrrry strong possibility, IMO), I think he'd do fine.

I'm hoping I'm wrong, and Gomez suddenly discovers the value of a walk and realizes that going out of his way to PO the manager is a bad thing. As a Brewer homer, there's nothing I'd like seeing more than Gomez with a respectable OBP running like a wild man. The odds of this happening are a few orders of magnitude better than me winning the lottery...but not enough for me to spend a lot of fantasy cash on.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

As far as fantasy goes, Gomez is a great guy for a $1 5th OFer (just like Maybin), but if you pay for the 30 SBs, you will likely be disappointed in the investment, even if he swipes that many. He's a big risk.

Comment

I want to believe! From rotoworld:

Carlos Gomez went 2-for-3 with a home run and two RBI against the Royals on Sunday. Entering into a very important 2011 season after years of disappointing returns, Gomez is at least stepping up in spring training, hitting .364 through his first 10 games

Comment

He did the same thing in his last season with the Twins...hitting with authority in ST. Once the season started, he sucked ass in a major way. I think if you look at the ST stats for this season, he's still not taking any walks...a bad sign for him.
                  "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                  - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                  -Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
                  X