Romero and Liriano AL $ values

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Romero and Liriano AL $ values

Might be picking both of these guys up in trades and both have $15 contracts that are expiring and they can be extended for 2012 by adding $5.

Would you add $5 to any of these guys to have next year at $20 in a 12 team AL only league? Would you do both or if only one, which one? I don't want to do it unless I feel that they would still be at least undervalued by a decent amount.

E.Santana went for $18 this year, Danks went for $28 and Verlander $36 in the draft as examples.

I might with Romero, wouldn't think about it with Liriano. Liriano's elbow is too mushy for my liking.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
      I might with Romero, wouldn't think about it with Liriano. Liriano's elbow is too mushy for my liking.
      Agreed, plus Liriano could get traded.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
        What chance said. Romero has a good GB% and a good K rate. He is on an up and coming team in a park that isn't too bad. The only thing to dislike is the division. I'd feel relatively comfortable with him as a $20 player, though I will say there isn't a ton of profit at that price.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
          What chance said. Romero has a good GB% and a good K rate. He is on an up and coming team in a park that isn't too bad. The only thing to dislike is the division. I'd feel relatively comfortable with him as a $20 player, though I will say there isn't a ton of profit at that price.
          I'd estimate in our league that he might fetch $25-28, so yeh, not too much value, but a pretty reliable guy the last few years that's pretty solid in all cats.

Comment

I had a choice to extend him from $6 to $11 this year and Brett Anderson from $9 to $14 and regrettably I choose Anderson.

Comment

Working...
            X