official "impressive career milestones 2011" thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• official "impressive career milestones 2011" thread

todd helton - 2000 games played with the colorado rockies.

also, his next double will move him past rogers hornsby on the all-time leaderboard. he's currently tied with another active player - can you name him without looking? i'll bet you can't!
    ~ all in all is all we are ~

kc

Originally posted by Cobain's Ghost View Post
    todd helton - 2000 games played with the colorado rockies.

also, his next double will move him past rogers hornsby on the all-time leaderboard. he's currently tied with another active player - can you name him without looking? i'll bet you can't!
    Hm. Chipper Jones? Johnny Damon? Bobby Abreu? It's gotta be an old guy.

Comment

300 dingers for Tex today. Not as impressive as it once was but he is only the 130th to reach it. A-Ram needs one more (hit his 299th today)

Comment

I had to look it up. The more interesting thing (or at least the harder-to-guess one for me) was who is the active career leader in doubles.

- Mike
        In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

On the career milestones tangent, I was surprised to see that Pudge is so close to 3000 hits, needing 160 as of today. What are the odds he gets there? He had 106 last year, but only has 23 thus far in 2011. Will he be able to hold on long enough reach 3000? Will it be the slow climb of a bench player/DH in the AL when he finally makes it at age 44?

Comment

Adam Dunn needs just 865 more strikeouts to be the All-Time K leader. I think he can get there this season.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
              Adam Dunn needs just 865 more strikeouts to be the All-Time K leader. I think he can get there this season.
              I think he can get there before the trade deadline.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dane View Post
                Bobby Abreu?
                if you really picked abreu without looking, i bow to you. i never would have guessed him without looking.
                ~ all in all is all we are ~

kc

Comment

Originally posted by Cobain's Ghost View Post
                  if you really picked abreu without looking, i bow to you. i never would have guessed him without looking.
                  Don't bow, I just tried to think of old guys that have doubles skills. That's about all Abreu does, isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by The Dane View Post
                    Don't bow, I just tried to think of old guys that have doubles skills. That's about all Abreu does, isn't it?
                    He still runs pretty good for an old man. 13/16 SBs this year.
                    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
                    X