X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mark Ellis traded to Rockies

for Bruce Billings and a PTBNL

playing time now available for Jemele Weeks

Rockies just keep piling on the stiffs to play 2B/3B.....
    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

this guy is really gonna take Nelson's job? Elllis has sucked for years now, why not give the rookie a fair shot? ::vent over::

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
        this guy is really gonna take Nelson's job? Elllis has sucked for years now, why not give the rookie a fair shot? ::vent over::
        Ellis is here to take Tulo's spot.
        After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Double ouch for me. I traded away Weeks earlier in the season since I thought he would have no value this year and have Nelson as a starter.

Comment

Is Jim Bowden:Toolsy OF's :: Dan O'Dowd:Mediocre 2B/3B guys?

How many of these guys have they had? Baker? Barmes? Nelson? Omar Quintanilla (though he may have started as an SS)?

Comment

who leaves the rockies for the minor leagues? hopefully, eric young

Comment

That sucks. I'm hoping they send Nelson down so I don't have to drop him.

Comment

As an A's fan I'll miss him. He was a heck of a player for a few years...

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post

How many of these guys have they had? Baker? Barmes? Nelson? Omar Quintanilla (though he may have started as an SS)?
                    Don't forget Jose Lopez.
                    "Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes." Oscar Wilde
                    "The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others." Gandhi
                    WRL (AL-only) Champion (league started in 1997) - 1997, '98, 2000, '03, '08, '15, '16, '17
                    PVRL (NL-only) Champion (league started in 1986)- 1993, 2004, '05, '06, '10, '11, '14, '16, '17

Comment

Originally posted by amcg View Post
                      As an A's fan I'll miss him. He was a heck of a player for a few years...
                      what years were those?

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                        what years were those?
                        Cut him some slack... he's an A's fan... there isn't much to get excited about except Brad Pitt playing Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post

neifi perez. kaz matsui. jose uribe. mike lansing. todd walker. jamey carroll. aaron miles. luis gonzalez. jose ortiz.

yeesh.
                          ~ all in all is all we are ~

kc

Comment

Mike Lansing was good until he hurt his back. Following the Don Quixote principle, I had extended him the year before he fell off the cliff. One of my key auction rules to date is the "Lansing Rule" - never, ever, stretch a bid on a guy with back trouble.
                            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                              Mike Lansing was good until he hurt his back. Following the Don Quixote principle, I had extended him the year before he fell off the cliff. One of my key auction rules to date is the "Lansing Rule" - never, ever, stretch a bid on a guy with back trouble.
                              Thanks for the shout out. When you extend a guy and he develops a medical problem, that's bad luck. When you extend him and he goes to healthy but sucky, that's another, which is the case right now for me with Casey McGehee.

Seriously, though, 2B has been a problem for Colorado for a long time, and now they've added 3B, which has been a revolving door since the few good years of Garrett Atkins. O'Dowd's band-aid approach to those two positions hasn't worked.
                              Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                              -- William James

Comment

Working...
                              X