Roster Help - NL only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roster Help - NL only

I need some help with a few moves. I have David Freese coming back on Monday and need to get him into my roster. My league still uses the old "linking" rule where the guy who is DL'd has to be activated for the guy who replaces him. I currently have Tyler Greene for him, who's not even active so it seems like an easy move right? Not exactly, Through other moves Greene has ended up in the outfield and no way to get Freese activated cause of position issues.

There is a scenario that I can do and I was curious if this is worth it. I currently have Ruben Tejada at UT and under him is Bill Hall. Hall had OF eligibility and I could waive Tejada for Hall and then when Freese comes back put Hall in the OF and move Freese to UT.

Now I know Hall pretty much sucks at this point but could in theory provide a little pop off the bench. Tejada has really dropped off after a good start; he's hitting .236 in the last 21 days. Is it safe to say that his day has come and gone?

I need to activate Hall by tomorrow or lose him. What do you guys think?
    I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

if youre asking if I prefer Hall over Tejada, the answer is no. If it risks you losing Freese, then the answer changes to yes.
    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

I think the first part is more important. I will have two weeks from when Freese is activated to get him into the lineup. I can always find a better option than Hall but Tejada is probably my worst hitter (aside from my second catcher).

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Neither Tejada nor Hall is anything special so if it means getting Freese's production right away I think it's worth it to take the slight downgrade.

Comment

Yeah, I hear ya. I now made things more confusing by picking up Chase D'Arnaud for Tejada. Steals are my worst category.

I keep hoping that someone will magically play a game in the outfield.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
            I keep hoping that someone will magically play a game in the outfield.
            Now you know the fantasy gods will not allow that to happen.

Comment

Working...
            X