My first trip to Wrigley Field

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first trip to Wrigley Field

I have to be in Chicago next week for business and my colleague and I are taking a customer to the Cubs-Giants game Tuesday afternoon. I'm really excited because I've never been to Wrigley before, and it has been on my list for a long time. I'm hoping to get back later this summer to see the Chi Sox too.

Anyway, nothing to really add to this but I figured people here would understand why I'm so psyched for this.

have a great time.
    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

I hope you really have a good time. It is a special place.

Comment

Don't expect a lot of offense in that game.

I went a few years ago. It really has that charming-old-park feel. Enjoy.

Comment

I met Guest/Gregg and DMT there last summer and had an awesome time! Basically it's one big party with a baseball game breaking out in the middle of it! And that was on a Thursday night!

Enjoy, my friend!

Comment

We have really great seats, too. Right behind the Cubs dug out.

I did not get to see a lot of the older stadiums like the old Tiger stadium. I've been to Fenway, have spent a lot of time in the old Yankee Stadium, but this was on my list. I've got a lot more to see, though. I think I've only been to 6 of the current existing stadiums, but I need to think about that.

Hey, that would be a good thread - what stadiums have you been to.

Comment

Originally posted by griswold View Post
              I met Guest/Gregg and DMT there last summer and had an awesome time! Basically it's one big party with a baseball game breaking out in the middle of it! And that was on a Thursday night!

Enjoy, my friend!
              Yes, that was a fun night indeed. We went to Hofbrau Haus (couple blocks south on Clark) where they serve beer by the litre.
              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
                Yes, that was a fun night indeed. We went to Hofbrau Haus (couple blocks south on Clark) where they serve beer by the litre.
                And some decent food as well. It was a lot of fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                  And some decent food as well. It was a lot of fun.
                  :worthless:

Gregg or DMT, don't one of you have pics of you, me and DMT, please?

Comment

Originally posted by griswold View Post
                    :worthless:

Gregg or DMT, don't one of you have pics of you, me and DMT, please?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
                    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Man, I wish my job would allow me to go to baseball games.
                      拖裤子,
                      放屁

Literally means "pulling your pants down to fart" which is a Chinese idiom for "wasted effort." Makes sense to me!

Comment

Am making my 25th anniversary trip to Wrigley next month.
                        Went virtually every year from 1986-97, met my future wife in a bar on one of those weekends in '96.

I love the Wrigleyville vibe.
                        Sure, the people drink like the world is coming to an end at midnight, but they're happy drunks of all ages.
                        My boss, a Yankees fan, just made his first visit there Saturday when they played the Cubs. He was amazed at how friendly the fans are to visitors (Chicago people are awesome).

I'm partial to Murphy's Bleacher House pre-game (seems like it's twice as big as it was in the 1980s), and Cubby Bear, Wild Hare, or Slugger's post-game. But really you can't go wrong. Just wander around the neighborhood and find what fits you best.

Take the El ("subway") to the game - nothing better than hearing "BELMONT, NEXT STOP ADDISON" in a Chicago accent and then you see the stadium for the first time.

Last time I was there, in 2008, Cubs won both games and I liked that fun song they sing as you exit - "Go Cubs Go" I think it was.

Wrigely old-timers here, the bleachers fans didn't play that "mound ball" game last time. Everyone puts a buck in the pot, and at some point the ball rolled to the mound at the end of the half-inning actually lands on the mound - and whomever has that half-inning wins.
                        When did that go out of style (granting that the answer could be 1988, lol)
                        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Wrigley is the top of my list for stadiums I want to visit
                          "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

A mandatory "bucket list" stop, as is Fenway (No. 2 on my list).
                            Even if you don't like it, you have to find out....
                            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

So, did the game on Tuesday. Was a fantastic day. Weather was perfect, seats were perfect, and the atmosphere was everything I imagined, It's like going back in time. And, the best part is no jumbotron, no "kiss-cam", no blaring music in between innings, just baseball. Giants pounded the Cubs for most of the game, but the Cubs tried to fight back. Unfortunately, my colleague and I had to catch flights and the game went a bit long so we had to leave after 7 but I had a fantastic time.

Oh, for whomever said they wish their job would let them to this, this is a one-off exception. Definitely not the norm.

Comment

Working...
                              X