Charlie Morton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charlie Morton

I know there was another Morton thread but I can't find it sooooo.... here's a new one. Charlie Morton is like cowbell, and you definitely need more cowbell so I'm sure no one minds the extra thread.

Anyway, his line tonight is: 2 IP, 8 HA, BBI, 4k, 6ER which gives him a 27.000 ERA and a 4.500 WHIP.

What do you guys think? Time to cut bait or should I give him one more chance? He started out ok but he's been pretty awful lately.

I think I rode him and the Lohse horse (and the Lowe horse for that matter) for as long as I can. Anyone think he's got something left in the tank?

Last week I traded for Helton and Billingsley effective today which gave me 10 active pitchers. I was torn between reserving Billingsley (1 start versus DET) until he shows he is back on track, or Morton (2 starts versus BAL & BOS). I kept Morton active thinking two starts was better than one and he'd probably at least do well against BAL before probably getting knocked around a bit by BOS. Apparently I went the wrong way and now I have to worry it's going to be a two shellings week.
    Some people say winning isn't everything. I say those people never won anything.

Quitters never win, winners never quit, but those who never win AND never quit are idiots.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it's still on the list.

Some people are like Slinkies, they are not really good for anything but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

"...relentless inevitability of Yankee glory." - The Onion

Comment

I suspect mechanics are the issue.
      It's amazing that he was paralleling Halladay's motion for 2 months (and if it is a sustainable model for pitchers with talent but a missing piece, it will be replicated).

But he looked "off" against the Mets a couple of starts ago, in terms of mechanics. Not really my bailiwick of analysis, but the quotes about what was off could be interesting.

I wouldn't think of discarding in a mixed plus bench league. If he rights the ship, he can succeed again, though I'm not convinced he will.
      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

I dumped him everywhere after his stinky consecutive starts.
        After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

I know he changed his mechanics, but I'm not sure if there's anyone on this board who would recommend him with a 34/46 BB/K split.

Comment

true, but his peripherals are wacky both high and low.

if he hits the FA market in any league, monitor.

this skillset is as wide a range I've seen in 2nd-half projections as I've seen in years...
            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Well, the way my league works I'm stuck with him for the week so I'll get to see how he does vs. Boston, like it or not. I'm not optimistic, though. I think it's time to start combing the FA wire to see who is out there. Hopefully Lohse and Lowe don't both kill me too.

Comment

Working...
              X