Dump trade ok?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dump trade ok?

in my 12 team AL only keeper league is this an ok dump trade?
    ($ and contract)

Beltre ($22 expires) V.Martinez ($22 expires) and Pedroia ($31 2012 probably not a keeper)

for

A.Cabrera ($14 2012 can be ext), D.Bard ($2 2012), J.Kipnis ($2 minors good for 3yrs) and 1st rd reserve draft pick

Yes that's legit.

Comment

Agreed.

I saw Kipnis play Saturday night vs. the SWB Yanks -- he's definitely going to be a stud. Kid was smoking the ball every time he hit it.

Comment

+3 for legit

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
        Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
        Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Bard could be a monster. You can't tell another owner that won't happen.

Like the deal that cost me a pennant last year - guy traded for Jason Heyward while he was on his game at midseason, gave up a lame duck Pujols and 41-unit Hanley, some other parts involved. With studs that good, it's hard to name a ceiling, and here there are other interesting parts.

fyi, last year's winner by a nose also kept a 41-unit Hanley this year - a death sentence that has him in last place this year.
          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Is that trade still ok if

Bard is removed
            or
            Burnett ($16 2013) added to the Beltre side ?

Comment

I'm on shaky ground as I don't play AL, but I'd guess ok if Burnett is added, and not if Bard is removed?
              But take the advice of the smart AL players here on this one...
              finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
              own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
              won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
              RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
              C Stallings 2, Casali 1
              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
              OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Agree with Jude, Bard is a pretty necessary part of the deal and Burnett isn't all that special.

That's where you run into problems with these dump deals though, the dumper will do pretty much anything to get the deal done and the trade partner knows it. It's a slippery slope to go down (as I learned in my AL-only league) because you end up with some ridiculously lopsided deals that piss off the rest of the league. My other keeper league remedies that by having a salary cap which I'm assuming yours does not.

Comment

Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
                  Agree with Jude, Bard is a pretty necessary part of the deal and Burnett isn't all that special.

That's where you run into problems with these dump deals though, the dumper will do pretty much anything to get the deal done and the trade partner knows it. It's a slippery slope to go down (as I learned in my AL-only league) because you end up with some ridiculously lopsided deals that piss off the rest of the league. My other keeper league remedies that by having a salary cap which I'm assuming yours does not.
                  Our league cap is 310 right now, goes to 340 after the AS break and 380 after Sept 1st

Comment

Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
                    Agree with the others. Bard is a big piece for the dumper as a speculative closer. Adding AJ doesn't swing it too far towards the dumpee.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
                      Agree with the others. Bard is a big piece for the dumper as a speculative closer. Adding AJ doesn't swing it too far towards the dumpee.
                      So now it's looking like

A.Cabrera, Bard, Kipnis, Cobb ($5 2013) and 1st pick
                      for
                      Martinez, Pedroia, Beltre and Burnett ($16 2012)

Comment

I think that's a pretty fair trade for both sides

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                          Agreed.

I saw Kipnis play Saturday night vs. the SWB Yanks -- he's definitely going to be a stud. Kid was smoking the ball every time he hit it.
                          Damn, I knew Kipnis would be a stud! 5 HRs in his 1st 30 ABs!

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                            Damn, I knew Kipnis would be a stud! 5 HRs in his 1st 30 ABs!
                            Yeh, and I ended up not trading because the other owner was not that high on him, so I still have hjim. Wish he could bat in Fenway Park and Rangers stadium all the time. I don't think he's going to be this great homerun hitter and pitchers will adjust, but what a nice last 7 days if you had him up on your team.

Comment

Working...
                            X