AL only auction keepers - help me with the last 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bader, Mateo are locks for me.

Perez-never been a believer and never will; Maybe this is a sell high guy. Urquidy is just as you said Meh. Since you already have 4 solid SP keepers I would not use a 5th for a meh or a very combustible pitcher.

Fairbanks I agree with the above notes about how TB uses their pen. Sewald is a nice price and will earn it but I do not see him even as a mid tier closer. He could lose the job quickly.

I generally do not keep catchers unless they are top tier. I would go Heim over Haase.

If you cannot make a deal (Perez and a catcher since they are overvalued for a solid keeper) I would lean toward Sewald but I would still feel that closer was a big need at the auction. Heim would be next in line.
    Its not what you've got. Its what you give.
    Its not the life you choose. Its the life you live--TESLA

Princess Kate-Kate Marie Hrischuk 9/12/00-1/27/07

Comment

Maybe im missing something but i just dont understand all the love for Jonah Heim here. Both he and Haase are essentially the same guy by projections - a catcher who hits .220 with mid-teens power and basically that's it. Yes, I understand the AL only 2-catcher situation, but ATC's 20th ranked AL catcher is Jose Trevino, who is basically Heim with 5 less HR. I think if you can trade these catchers for anything you should.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
        I mean if in 6 months we wrote right in this post that it turns out Martin Perez was a total fluke, would anyone be surprised?
        The Rangers would be surprised.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

The lack of consensus here is interesting to me. Everyone makes some good points I think. What about the McKenzie $10 trade proposal (for my Bader $6 and Fairbanks $7)? I'm not too excited about it as I have a good start on SPs already,

I think there is some idea that Heim can recapture his first half numbers, which iirc were pretty great. He fell off a cliff somewhat in the last months (or maybe turned back into his normal pumpkin-self) but at least he showed something at some point. Typically I'm happy to punt catchers, but in this case I wasn't sure if my last keeper spot was worth using on Heim for $1. At least a few of you seem to think yes.

Comment

Originally posted by SlideRule View Post
            The lack of consensus here is interesting to me. Everyone makes some good points I think. What about the McKenzie $10 trade proposal (for my Bader $6 and Fairbanks $7)? I'm not too excited about it as I have a good start on SPs already,

I think there is some idea that Heim can recapture his first half numbers, which iirc were pretty great. He fell off a cliff somewhat in the last months (or maybe turned back into his normal pumpkin-self) but at least he showed something at some point. Typically I'm happy to punt catchers, but in this case I wasn't sure if my last keeper spot was worth using on Heim for $1. At least a few of you seem to think yes.
            Since you have a bunch of guys that are aruably of somewhat equal value, I think moving two of them for McKenzie makes a lot of sense. McKenzie is clearly a better keeper than either of them. or possibly try to replace Fairbanks with Sewald or Bader with Mateo if you value them less. But if it were me I would not waste a lot of time and risk losing the deal that was offered.
            Last edited by The Feral Slasher; 02-07-2023, 02:56 PM.
            ---------------------------------------------
            Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
            ---------------------------------------------
            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

McKenzie is going to be an ace. I would try to get him and have five good starting pitchers locked up for $37 going into the draft.
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

I would jump on the McKenzie trade. Sure you’ll have a lot of pitching but he’s the better talent hands down.

Comment

I traded my Fairbanks $7A and Urquidy $5A for McKenzie $10B. High variance on what McKenzie might be but it's an upgrade for sure, I like his upside and hope 2022 wasn't too flukey.

Now I have to pick one last keeper from Heim $1A, Benintendi $8A, Nick Gordon $2A. (Turns out my Bader was ineligible to be kept, oops.)

Comment

Working...
                  X