Will Nathan close when he returns?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Nathan close when he returns?

What do you think? He is ony waiver wire and I know Capps has been shaky. Also how many like Thornton to take the job from Santos soon? Adams I'm sd soon? Any other changes possible at closer? Lemme know which of these or any others you foresee. And thanks on advance to the best fantasy forum out there.

I think Nathan has a good shot to eventually get the job this year, but of course, only if he pitches well when he gets back. Thornton may not be next in line right now, and I think Santos still has some leash left. Adams should get the job when Bell gets dealt, and reccent quotes suggest that will happen.

Comment

I dont think Nathan has done anything to warrant closing and while Capps has been shaky, Nathans been worse. If it happens, expect it to be waiting at least until August.
      After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by doc View Post
        What do you think? He is ony waiver wire and I know Capps has been shaky. Also how many like Thornton to take the job from Santos soon? Adams I'm sd soon? Any other changes possible at closer? Lemme know which of these or any others you foresee. And thanks on advance to the best fantasy forum out there.
        It's a more complicated matter than it looks to be on the surface. Nathan has a 12.5 million dollar club option next year, with a 2 million dollar buyout. Unless he agrees to take WAY less for a 2 year extension, my guess is that they buy him out. Capps is going to be a free agent if my math is correct, and that leaves the Twins with no closer for 2012 unless they sign one of these guys before the off-season begins.

My feeling is that Nathan will take less, and probably get the save chances if there's something going on behind the scenes...while Capps may be in the same position...agree to a 2 year contract for about 12-14 million, and HE gets the save opps. I just think that this thing is going to come down to money in the end...
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
        X