Matt Moore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt Moore

No hitter with 11 k's last night. 77 innings...52 hits with 103 k's. I know the Rays move pitching prospects slow....but Moore has been lights out.

Yeah, he's the real deal. I think he may end up better than Hellickson.

Comment

don't look for him until late next season. The club is as conservative as they come in promoting pitchers

Comment

Moved up to AAA (finally).

Comment

I interviewed him today on my radio show

http://sbn.to/pnmb7B is the link to the audio archive.

Comment

Cool. He sounds like a level headed guy.

Comment

RW: Rays pitching prospect Matt Moore fanned 10 batters over 6 2/3 innings Sunday for Triple-A Durham.
              Moore owns a sparkling 1.09 ERA, 0.77 WHIP and 39/5 K/BB ratio in 24 2/3 innings since arriving in Durham in mid-July. The promising 22-year-old left-hander could be promoted to the major leagues in September.
              "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
                RW: Rays pitching prospect Matt Moore fanned 10 batters over 6 2/3 innings Sunday for Triple-A Durham.
                Moore owns a sparkling 1.09 ERA, 0.77 WHIP and 39/5 K/BB ratio in 24 2/3 innings since arriving in Durham in mid-July. The promising 22-year-old left-hander could be promoted to the major leagues in September.
                He's special. I don't know who is responsible in the Rays organization for their recent success in finding and developing top tier pitchers, but everyone involved should get a raise.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                  He's special. I don't know who is responsible in the Rays organization for their recent success in finding and developing top tier pitchers, but everyone involved should get a raise.
                  R.J. Harrison has been the Director of Scouting since 2005. He and his team do an incredible job

Comment

Jason,

What are your thoughts on Moore being a part of the Rays rotation next year?

He's clearly ready for the show. Is it just a matter of finding a good deal for Niemann/Davis? I know they were shopping those guys for Rasmus.

Comment

Originally posted by Northern Lights View Post
                      Jason,

What are your thoughts on Moore being a part of the Rays rotation next year?

He's clearly ready for the show. Is it just a matter of finding a good deal for Niemann/Davis? I know they were shopping those guys for Rasmus.
                      Price (will go to arbitration)
                      Shields (signed)
                      Davis (signed)
                      Niemann (arbitration)
                      Hellickson (team control)
                      Cobb (team control)

They already have one too many; they have to make 2 trades for Moore to make the rotation. If someone ponies up in a big way for Shields, he could be one. I expect Niemann or Davis to be gone as well as the team looks for bats on the trade market.

Comment

with the Rays signing Moore to that 5 year contract, does that mean he will start the year in TB, or would they send him to AAA to start the season? Would they keep him in the pen in TB, or does this guy have a spot in the rotation for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                          Price (will go to arbitration)
                          Shields (signed)
                          Davis (signed)
                          Niemann (arbitration)
                          Hellickson (team control)
                          Cobb (team control)

They already have one too many; they have to make 2 trades for Moore to make the rotation. If someone ponies up in a big way for Shields, he could be one. I expect Niemann or Davis to be gone as well as the team looks for bats on the trade market.
                          No problem beating out Davis or Niemann. Hell, TB didn't even invite a healthy Niemann to the post season. I see no way TB doesn't have Moore in their rotation to start 2012. At least they should if they want to put their best team on the field.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Hobbs View Post
                            No problem beating out Davis or Niemann. Hell, TB didn't even invite a healthy Niemann to the post season. I see no way TB doesn't have Moore in their rotation to start 2012. At least they should if they want to put their best team on the field.
                            I think the Rays would like to trade Davis, but not many takers.

He threw about 165 innnings last year. Will he be allowed to push that number up to around 190? Or will the rays limit his innings at all?

I suppose it may depend on where they are in relation to the playoffs later in the season.

Comment

Rays do more on pitch counts than innings. As long as Moore doesn't throw Kazmir specials circa 2009, he will approach 200

Comment

Working...
                              X