2nd half- How would you proceed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd half- How would you proceed?

17 team 5x5 league. I am currently in 2nd place, a point out of first. I am about to get Peavy, Beachy and Baily off the DL and am looking to get an upgrade in my OF or at MI. Here is my current roster

C Salty
    CI Fielder A-Gonz Zimm
    MI Phillips D Murphy Casilla
    OF Hart Bourn Nady Nix
    UT Reynolds
    P Haren Scherzer Wilson Pavano Carrasco Guthrie Luebke
    CL Capps Farney

bench Bourgeious Nelson B Crawford Dominguez McClellan

I realize I will be losing Guthrie for a while but I am still getting back 3 starters. I am thinking of moving either Haren Scherzer or Wilson to get a good MI or OF back. How would you proceed?
    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

It really depends on where you can gain the most points.

Comment

biggest gains can be made in HR RBI and Saves. I dont want to go with 3 closers as it will hurt my K's
      After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Yeah that's an OF that is desperately in need of a fix. Can you package up some of your MI depth (Bourgeois, Crawford, Casilla) to get an upgrade somewhere else? I really don't trust your pitching to keep you afloat but you'll have to cross your fingers and hope. I think you're probably looking at dealing CJ or maybe Mad Max for an OF. Unless you can find a way to ship off Gonzo or Prince for a pair of $25 OFers.

Comment

Max and CJ were who I had in mind. Sending one of them and either an MI or Nix for a bigger OF. Not looking to move one of my big offensive guns because thats where I can move the most.

Comment

Yep, you need an OF. I'd first see if you can buy low on guys like Werth, Rasmus, Choo.

Comment

Team looks like this today

C Salty
              CI Fielder A-Gonz Zimm
              MI Phillips O Cabrera Hairston
              OF Hart Bourn Presley Reimold
              UT Reynolds
              P Haren Chacin Wilson Bailey Beachy Luebke Leake Minor

I will be spotting Hochevar and Porcello for Leake as tomorrow is his last start. I hold a 2.5 lead but its so fluid that Ive been fluctuating 4-5 points each week.

Heres to the final 2 weeks!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                Team looks like this today

C Salty
                CI Fielder A-Gonz Zimm
                MI Phillips O Cabrera Hairston
                OF Hart Bourn Presley Reimold
                UT Reynolds
                P Haren Chacin Wilson Bailey Beachy Luebke Leake Minor

I will be spotting Hochevar and Porcello for Leake as tomorrow is his last start. I hold a 2.5 lead but its so fluid that Ive been fluctuating 4-5 points each week.

Heres to the final 2 weeks!!!!
                Good luck!!

Comment

Working...
                X