2K11: Andre Ethier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K11: Andre Ethier

What is going on with him? I thought he was a good bet for 25-30 HRs and a .300 BA. The hit streak buoyed his batting average but it was BABIP-inflated and without much power.

He's a pretty empty .300 hitter right now. Can we get him going?
    Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Bench him. Works for my guys--most recent example, benching Posada last week.
    Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
    -- William James

Comment

Trade him.

Comment

He hit a double last night so maybe we might see some more doubles. Need extra base hits!

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
          Trade him.
          I did that with Ethier--once. I've regretted it ever since, like most of my trades.
          Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
          -- William James

Comment

Dodgers manager Don Mattingly confirmed that Andre Ethier (knee) is done for the season.
            Ethier is scheduled to see Dr. James Andrews on Friday to get a second opinion on his ailing right knee, but he's apparently done either way. The 29-year-old outfielder recently told the Los Angeles Times that he has played through pain all season along and that the knee would require offseason surgery. Ethier has just two homers and a .672 OPS since the All-Star break, so this isn't much of a loss for fantasy owners, anyway. We'll likely see plenty of Juan Rivera and Jerry Sands in the outfield corners for the rest of September.
            Source: Dylan Hernandez on Twitter Sep 8 - 11:48 AM

Comment

prima donna diva

Comment

I traded him in June -- he sucked this year!

Comment

Originally posted by DJBeasties View Post
                  I traded him in June -- he sucked this year!
                  I did too... for Mike Stanton - its worked out ok...

Comment

are they not going to put him on the DL?

Comment

Originally posted by Spec R View Post
                      My understanding, which could totally be wrong, is that teams don't use the DL much in September with 40-man rosters, and apparently teams' medical insurance policies are priced based on how many days their players spend on the DL, so they have some incentive not to put him on.

- Mike
                      In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by Spec R View Post
                        The only reason to put players on the 15-Day DL is to bring up a replacement for the injured player. With expanded rosters in September, teams can bring up a replacement anyway. Sometimes a team will put a player on the 60-Day DL to open up a spot on the 40-Man roster, but there's no point in putting someone on the 15-Day DL now.

Comment

Working...
                        X