2K11 Hunter Pence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K11 Hunter Pence

Pence has knocked in 20% of the Astros runs this season. He has been terrific.

With Bourn in line for a bit of regression and Barmes, Lee and Kepp surrounding him in the lineup, I am thinking about trading him away. Thoughts on him for the rest of the year?
    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

I just did a search for pence and saw this. I offered Bourne for Pence a while ago (NL only, 5x5, ten teams) and the owner declined. Now he has come back to see if I am still interested. I think they are both going to end up hitting in the 280-285 range (maybe a bit lower on Bourne and higher on Pence). It's basically trading away runs and steals for power numbers. As of now it is about the same number of points I'm looking at losing/gaining. I am actually looking strongly at accepting this.

Comment

Pence over the last 3 years has hit 25 HR per year. He is a nice player as he provides a little speed as well. How much does an incremental 12 HRs and 25 RBIs vs losing 20 SB?

ETA:
      In my NL 4x4 Bourn is the 4th most offensive valuable player so far this season.

Comment

Well as of right now I am in first place for sb's with 101. I will drop 2-3 spots with the loss on those. With the extra power numbers I would move up two spots on homers and four on rbi's (hopefully). I figure I will also lose about 25 runs scored which would drop me only one spot there. I guess it will be a gain so so the only concern is the injury which appears will be a non factor on Pence.

Comment

Working...
        X