College pitcher throws 2nd fastest pitch ever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• College pitcher throws 2nd fastest pitch ever

Over the weekend, Ben Joyce of the University of Tennessee threw a pitch recorded at 105.5 mph. This is the 2nd fastest pitch ever recorded anywhere, 2nd only to Aroldis Chapman's 105.8 mph pitch in 2010. Of course there is some question about the radar gun used but it's still amazing. Joyce is a reliever and, altho he is a redshirt junior, apparently this is his 1st year at a 4-yr college, having transferred from a junior college. He has a 0.86 ERA and a 16.3 K/9 rate. He is draft-eligible and is listed at #131 on BA's draft prospects list.
    Last edited by rhd; 05-03-2022, 08:18 AM.

Originally posted by rhd View Post
    This is the fastest pitch ever recorded anywhere, 2nd only to Aroldis Chapman's 105.8 mph pitch in 2010.
    I've read this sentence too many times trying to make sense of it and I give up. Is it the fastest or 2nd fastest?

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
      I've read this sentence too many times trying to make sense of it and I give up. Is it the fastest or 2nd fastest?
      Sorry, corrected now.

Comment

And Joyce has one of the better nicknames I've seen in a while, "The Volunteer Fireman."

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
          Second Fastest Ever reminds me of the movie Secretariat-
          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
          X