Kyle Schwarber Meltdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ken View Post
    How odd is it going to be when the umps are fully automated? No one on the field to make the calls - close call, everyone looks up towards the sky and a booming voice announces "YOU'RE OUT, PLEASE EXIT THE PLAYING FIELD"
    SkyNet?
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
      Unless you added the rule that if you are the batter and wrong the side is immediately retired. If the batter is right he takes his base no matter the count. That would speed up the game.
      How about if the player (batter or pitcher) is wrong he gets ejected from the game.

If the player is right, the call gets overturned unless the ump is Angel and then the ump gets a lifetime suspension.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
        How odd is it going to be when the umps are fully automated? No one on the field to make the calls - close call, everyone looks up towards the sky and a booming voice announces "YOU'RE OUT, PLEASE EXIT THE PLAYING FIELD"
        And if they argue a laser beam zaps them
        ---------------------------------------------
        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
        ---------------------------------------------
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
          SkyNet?
          Skump

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
            And if they argue a laser beam zaps them
            Damnit, now I gotta go find a decent hitter on FAAB again.

Comment

Originally posted by harmon View Post
              There would be way too many (successful) challenges bringing the game to a standstill.
              Limit it to 2 or 3 per side, but they lose one if they lose.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                Limit it to 2 or 3 per side, but they lose one if they lose.
                To keep things moving, it would have to be an instant decision by "robo-ump", but then as others have said why not just go full robo?

Comment

Working...
                X