J Schoop for $14 or C Flexen for $3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J Schoop for $14 or C Flexen for $3

I have a auction this upcoming weekend and have to decide on my last keeper.

This is for an 12 team AL only (with 14 man reserve rosters) 5x5 scoring that uses OBP% instead of Avg.

Would you rather keep Johnathan Schoop at $14 or Chris Flexen at $3?

Thank you for any help/reply.

I would take the 20 ish hrs and position flexibility over the high era and whip.

If Flexen was my last keeper spot, I think I would go in empty believing I could do better at auction.

Comment

Originally posted by cleo View Post
      I have a auction this upcoming weekend and have to decide on my last keeper.

This is for an 12 team AL only (with 14 man reserve rosters) 5x5 scoring that uses OBP% instead of Avg.

Would you rather keep Johnathan Schoop at $14 or Chris Flexen at $3?

Thank you for any help/reply.
      IMO neither one are great keepers, you would likely be able to get them back near those prices if you want them. Can you just keep 1 less player?

Comment

I decided to keep Flexen for $3 and so far it has been a good move. Thanks for the replies.

Comment

Oof, I hope your luck continues, that 6.18 xERA would not have me excited about Flexen. He's got to figure out how to get more strikeouts, 16% isn't going to cut it. In an AL only league definitely worth keeping around but I'd be looking for ways to bench him for better options if you have them.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
            Oof, I hope your luck continues, that 6.18 xERA would not have me excited about Flexen.
            While true, he has gotten better from start to start. xFIP in his 3 starts: 6.47, 4.10, 3.51

He's not great but neither is Schoop for a bunch more money. Flexen isn't bad at $3 in a 12 team AL only, imo.
            More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
              While true, he has gotten better from start to start. xFIP in his 3 starts: 6.47, 4.10, 3.51

He's not great but neither is Schoop for a bunch more money.
              My recommendation was to jettison both

Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
              Flexen isn't bad at $3 in a 12 team AL only, imo.
              You're right and I noted that above too. Not a bad guy to have in an only league - I would have preferred to have the $3 for some flexibility to possibly consider another option but Flexen is fine for that depth of a league.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                My recommendation was to jettison both

You're right and I noted that above too. Not a bad guy to have in an only league - I would have preferred to have the $3 for some flexibility to possibly consider another option but Flexen is fine for that depth of a league.
                He apparently preferred having some flexenbility.
                More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Working...
                X