Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who to start - week 3 pitchers

Which closer do you bench:

Bard - 6 games - Home: 3 (PHI) Away: 3 (@DET)
    Melancon - 7 games - Home: 3 (NYM) Away: 4 (@WAS)
    Rainey - 7 games - Home: 7 (ARI,SF)

Which two starters do you bench:

Nestor Cortes vs. CLE
    Tanner Houck vs. TOR
    Corey Kluber vs. BOS
    Trevor Rogers @ ATL
    Tyler Mahle vs. STL
    Whitlock (apparently piggybacking Rich Hill's start again) - so I guess two appearances - vs. MIN and @ TB

I could also bench two of those closers in favor of an additional starter/Whitlock whatever he is. I do need saves, although obviously it's very early. Not loving Whitlock's uncertain role but honestly following Rich Hill gives him great win chances and he's been sensational so far overall. Rogers was close to an automatic start for me but he's gone meh and then nuclear wasteland in his two starts thus far and @ATL is no picnic. Mahle just got similarly annihilated by the Dodgers today, too. Klubot has been solid. Cortes has been lights out and has a nice matchup. Houck has been bad then good but faces a great offense in a bad home ballpark.

Thanks!

Edit: Oh, apparently Tanner Houck went to the Joe Rogan school of medicine and can't pitch in Toronto, so I guess he gets moved back to pitch @TB? Dumbass.
    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
    Which closer do you bench:

Bard - 6 games - Home: 3 (PHI) Away: 3 (@DET)
    Melancon - 7 games - Home: 3 (NYM) Away: 4 (@WAS)
    Rainey - 7 games - Home: 7 (ARI,SF)

Which two starters do you bench:

Nestor Cortes vs. CLE
    Tanner Houck vs. TOR
    Corey Kluber vs. BOS
    Trevor Rogers @ ATL
    Tyler Mahle vs. STL
    Whitlock (apparently piggybacking Rich Hill's start again) - so I guess two appearances - vs. MIN and @ TB

I could also bench two of those closers in favor of an additional starter/Whitlock whatever he is. I do need saves, although obviously it's very early. Not loving Whitlock's uncertain role but honestly following Rich Hill gives him great win chances and he's been sensational so far overall. Rogers was close to an automatic start for me but he's gone meh and then nuclear wasteland in his two starts thus far and @ATL is no picnic. Mahle just got similarly annihilated by the Dodgers today, too. Klubot has been solid. Cortes has been lights out and has a nice matchup. Houck has been bad then good but faces a great offense in a bad home ballpark.

Thanks!

Edit: Oh, apparently Tanner Houck went to the Joe Rogan school of medicine and can't pitch in Toronto, so I guess he gets moved back to pitch @TB? Dumbass.
    Nestor Cortes vs. CLE is a must start.

i have Whitlock, and i never usually have guys with no defined roles. but he's a must start and must keep. he's either a starter or a closer. but he is their best pitcher. so you have to believe in talent. Trevor Rogers is looking like a fucking distaster at this point. whatever happened at the end of last year is continuing. Tyler Mahle should rebound. but i know nothing about him. Corey Kluber is going to have a good year especially when he pitches at home. Tanner Houck is totally untrustworthy. he's got i am going to fuck your fantasy team all over him.

Rainey - 7 games - Home: 7 (ARI,SF) gotta go there.

Comment

i don't understand why no one has never analyzed the best days or worst days of the week for SP on average.

Comment

I would bench:

Bard
        Houck
        Rogers
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Bard
          AntiVaxxin' Houck
          Mahle

Comment

I'd bench Rainey, Houck, and Kluber (.240 babip and 94% LOB won't hold)

Comment

I didn't set my lineup in time (damn you, early Monday games!) so looks like Bard, Whitlock, and Rogers are on the bench. Feeling the worst about benching Whitlock but he didn't piggyback Rich Hill today so who knows what he'll be up to this week. I really need to get more on the ball about setting my lineup promptly!
              More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Remains to be seen on Rogers. Defense behind him was laughable last game. Unlike DeGrom he was not unfazed by it.

Comment

Working...
                X