Kyle Wright

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kyle Wright

Looked great in his first start, has he finally figured it out? Several pundits already jumping aboard.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

I feel like I've fallen for this before and got burned. I dont trust him.

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
      Looked great in his first start, has he finally figured it out? Several pundits already jumping aboard.
      I need a lot more data personally, his biggest issue is HR and I don't expect him to keep up his current 0% HR/FB rate when he gives up 19% on his career.

Comment

With all due respect what should the readers do with these comments? Just stay away?

Wright is either already rostered or he is available for FAAB. If rostered he was cheap and this would be the worst time to trade for him. If not rostered waiting will only lose him at FAAB this week. Certainly someone will spend a buck or more.

He is only 26 so he sure could be getting better.

He is rostered at $5 in our NL only 12 teamer. I do not know if he was bid or picked up in the $5 reserve round draft after the auction.

I can say pretty confidently that I would put about an $8 bid this Wednesday. We do have daily moves. The only rule is that we have to roster FAAB pickups for a week before we can reserve them. To me it would be worth the risk.

Comment

Just to be clear I was not suggesting the comments should not be made. I appreciate them and it caused me to do a little extra homework.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
            Just to be clear I was not suggesting the comments should not be made. I appreciate them and it caused me to do a little extra homework.
            I'm not sure what you are even asking after the clarification.

My suggestion is that I think the hype is overboard on him because he's not going to continue to give up 0 HR/FB. I think he's still Kyle Wright so I'm passing.

"What should the readers do with these comments"? I'm not sure how to answer that question. You should do whatever you think is best based on your analysis. I'm providing mine to add context and try to help. But at some point you have to make the decision yourself.

Comment

From CBS' Scott White:

Kyle Wright has been on a nice run dating back to his final 12 starts in the minors last year, during which he put together a 2.11 ERA, 0.95 WHIP and 9.2 K/9. What only became apparent during his 2022 debut, though, was how much his arsenal has changed. He's now throwing a curveball 40 percent of the time, and it's harder, up 3 mph from the previous iteration. That pitch was responsible for eight of his 12 swinging strikes, and if it continues in its effectiveness, the 26-year-old may finally live up to the potential that once made him the fifth pick in the 2017 draft.
              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
              - Terence McKenna

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
                From CBS' Scott White:

Kyle Wright has been on a nice run dating back to his final 12 starts in the minors last year, during which he put together a 2.11 ERA, 0.95 WHIP and 9.2 K/9. What only became apparent during his 2022 debut, though, was how much his arsenal has changed. He's now throwing a curveball 40 percent of the time, and it's harder, up 3 mph from the previous iteration. That pitch was responsible for eight of his 12 swinging strikes, and if it continues in its effectiveness, the 26-year-old may finally live up to the potential that once made him the fifth pick in the 2017 draft.
                I hope so!

I personally don't put much stock into what 25 year olds are doing in the minor leagues - by that age they are typically there because they can't handle mlb competition.

Are you starting him against the Padres? I know I'm not, in any format.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                  I hope so!

I personally don't put much stock into what 25 year olds are doing in the minor leagues - by that age they are typically there because they can't handle mlb competition.

Are you starting him against the Padres? I know I'm not, in any format.
                  I don't have him, just curious to hear if others are looking to acquire him. And like Gregg said, he won't be available next week.

I'm leaning no because he's just too risky and I think my SPs are solid. (Wheeler, Woodruff, Peralta, Bassitt, Gilbert, Hendricks, Ryan, Houck)

But every year there are SPs that make huge strides and help win titles and he has the prospect pedigree.
                  - Terence McKenna

Comment

I'd give Wright a shot but would likely keep him on my bench for a start or two just to be sure it's the right Wright and not the old, wrong Wright. You can right a wrong but tough to right a wrong Wright.
                    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Working...
                    X