Help me rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me rebuild

15-team mixed Ultra league. I'm in second to last place with some nice chips to deal to contenders.

Offers I've received so far:

Offer A:

Get: Longoria 20X, A.Gordon 10A, Banuelos 5A, E.Santana 8A
    Give: M.Cabrera 46B, Bruce 10Z, Nolasco 8Z

Offer B:

Get: Longoria 20X, Banuelos 5A, E.Santana 8A, Narveson 5A, Worley 5A
    Give: M.Cabrera 46B, Nolasco 8Z, Hamels 25B

Offer C:

Get: Posey 10Y, B.Anderson 7Y, E.Jackson 1A
    Give: Hamels 25B, Greinke 20A

Offer D:

Get: Shelby Miller 5A
    Give: Hamels 25B or Greinke 20A

Offer E:

Get: Carlos Gonzalez 20X
    Give: M.Cabrera 46B, Hamels 25B

If it makes a difference, the guys I'd be keeping from my current roster if I stand pat are:

Definitely: Asdrubal Cabrera 2A; Wainwright 2A
    Possibly: Greinke 20A, Hamels 25B, Masterson 10A, Burnett 1A, Bedard 2A, Jacob Turner 5B

What does an X contract mean? I'm guessing Z means he can't be kept.

Of all those deals only A and C (or D) don't overlap. I like C better than D and I think A is a solid offer, though I'm not sure if Gordon is a keeper in a mixed league like this. I've always liked him but $10 seems a little steep.
    I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post

Of all those deals only A and C (or D) don't overlap. I like C better than D and I think A is a solid offer, though I'm not sure if Gordon is a keeper in a mixed league like this. I've always liked him but $10 seems a little steep.
      X contract means he's signed at that salary thru 2013, but can't extend after that.
      Y contract means he's signed at that salary thru 2012, but can't extend after that.

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post

Offers A and B, of course, are alternative offers from the same owner. Offers C, D and E are all separate owners. I agree that Gordon may not be a keeper at that price, but if he keeps up as a solid contributor this season, I could turn him back around in another deal.

Comment

Longoria for two years is very nice, so is Gonzalez. I know both those owners want Miggy. I'd see if there is a way to get both those guys and then worry about all the rest. Maybe the Longoria owner would take Bruce and Nolasco for just Longoria. Then try to get Posey for Greinke?

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

I am not in love with any of the deals. Longoria is nice but I'm starting to think he's a bit overhyped given that he plays in the grand canyon. Banuelos is very unlikely and even Gordon isn't a lock to be a nice keep at $10. At this point I'm too worried about Posey and Anderson's health to do that deal. I like Hamels and Grienke at those prices so I wouldn't be eager to trade them away... but flipping Hamels for Miller is probably the best deal of the bunch. I'm worried that this year is a lot more like the 'real' CarGo than last year.

But I am sure you've shopped around and this is the best you can do... so if that's the case, do A, flip Gordon, and do D for Hamels.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
              I am not in love with any of the deals. Longoria is nice but I'm starting to think he's a bit overhyped given that he plays in the grand canyon. Banuelos is very unlikely and even Gordon isn't a lock to be a nice keep at $10. At this point I'm too worried about Posey and Anderson's health to do that deal. I like Hamels and Grienke at those prices so I wouldn't be eager to trade them away... but flipping Hamels for Miller is probably the best deal of the bunch. I'm worried that this year is a lot more like the 'real' CarGo than last year.

But I am sure you've shopped around and this is the best you can do... so if that's the case, do A, flip Gordon, and do D for Hamels.
              The Posey owner is also willing to do Posey straight up for either Hamels or Greinke. Is that a better deal than Hamels for Shelby Miller? I could also do both Greinke for Posey and Hamels for Miller.

Comment

I'd do deal "A". I'd take Posey for Hamels straight up, too.
                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Here's what I've done through this morning.

Took Trade A
                  Traded Hamels for Shelby Miller and Lonnie Chisenhall
                  Traded Greinke for Posey

So my almost certain keepers as of today are now:

C B.Posey 10Y
                  3B E.Longoria 20X
                  SS A.Cabrera 2A
                  CI L.Chisenhall 10A

SP A.Wainwright 2A
                  SP M.Banuelos 5A
                  SP S.Miller 5A

Plus possibles: Masterson 10A, Burnett 1A, Bedard 2A, Jacob Turner 5B, E.Santana 8A, A.Gordon 10A

I still have the five guys who caused me to be in surrender mode: Morneau, Uggla, Ichiro, Huff, Soria. So hopefully they'll raise their perceived remainder-of-2011 value for me such that I can further upgrade my keeper list.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                    Here's what I've done through this morning.

Took Trade A
                    Traded Hamels for Shelby Miller and Lonnie Chisenhall
                    Traded Greinke for Posey

So my almost certain keepers as of today are now:

C B.Posey 10Y
                    3B E.Longoria 20X
                    SS A.Cabrera 2A
                    CI L.Chisenhall 10A

SP A.Wainwright 2A
                    SP M.Banuelos 5A
                    SP S.Miller 5A

Plus possibles: Masterson 10A, Burnett 1A, Bedard 2A, Jacob Turner 5B, E.Santana 8A, A.Gordon 10A

I still have the five guys who caused me to be in surrender mode: Morneau, Uggla, Ichiro, Huff, Soria. So hopefully they'll raise their perceived remainder-of-2011 value for me such that I can further upgrade my keeper list.
                    That's pretty solid. I'm not sure I'm in love with those guys but it's a solid base to build from. Are Banuelos and Miller's contracts already started?

Comment

I think Ichiro and Soria will get their value back up in the next few weeks. I wouldn't get scared to trade a few of the possible keepers, especially Gordon (as you've already indicated) and perhaps Masterson. I like him but I assume his numbers will come down a bit and with your other pitching keeper options (Wainwright and Bedard mainly) he could possibly bring you a much more sure thing of a keeper.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                        That's pretty solid. I'm not sure I'm in love with those guys but it's a solid base to build from. Are Banuelos and Miller's contracts already started?
                        Yeah, even for minor leaguers, the contract starts in the year the player was selected in our reserve draft. Miller and Banuelos were selected this year, so they'd be B contracts in 2012 and I'd need to make an extension decision for 2013.

Comment

A few more offers I've received:

Offer 1: Get J.Montero 5B, Give Soria 20B
                          Offer 2: Get E.Jackson 1A, Give Uggla 20B
                          Offer 3: Get R.Davis 6Y, Give Ichiro 33A and Soria 20B
                          Offer 4: Get Swisher 6B, Give Ichiro 33A

I'm tempted by offer 1, but I'd already have to make an extension decision on Montero going into 2012, and he may not qualify at C for 2012. Not sure I trust Edwin Jackson and Nick Swisher to be much better than replacement level in a 15-team mixed, but maybe I'm underestimating. R.Davis will probably be a good value for 2012, although he'd be an expiring contract.

Comment

OK, that's how contracts work in PONY too (we have regular farm contracts where they don't start until a guy is activated, but you can also pick someone in the reserve draft.. like signing a draftee to a major league contract I guess)

Montero is a risky bet. Of all of those I like Swisher the best. Will Ichiro be worth more if he hits .350 the next month? I have to think that deal will still be there so I'd hold off. I'm not sure Soria gets better though so maybe take that one while you can.

Comment

A few more offers I've received:

Offer 1: Get J.Montero 5B, Give Soria 20B
                              Offer 2: Get E.Jackson 1A, Give Uggla 20B
                              Offer 3: Get R.Davis 6Y, Give Ichiro 33A and Soria 20B
                              Offer 4: Get Swisher 6B, Give Ichiro 33A

I'm tempted by offer 1, but I'd already have to make an extension decision on Montero going into 2012, and he may not qualify at C for 2012. Not sure I trust Edwin Jackson and Nick Swisher to be much better than replacement level in a 15-team mixed, but maybe I'm underestimating. R.Davis will probably be a good value for 2012, although he'd be an expiring contract.
                              Nothing overwhelming. I like Davis, but as you say, it's just for one year. I think if you wait a week or so to give Ichrio a chance to heat up you'll get better offers.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Working...
                              X