Early Season Playing Time Booms & Busts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by madducks View Post
    Castillo with 3 hits in his first career start today. The Pirates are undefeated with him in the starting lineup and winless when he starts the game on the bench. So, i expect him to be sitting tomorrow.
    Bucs fan keepin it real...
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
      That's an improvement, he was hitting 9th opening day behind Stallings
      Something is going on there with him. Mattingly appears to be trying to teach him a lesson.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
        The usual. Why would you expect anything different? He'll start in LF and probably get 550 PAs.
        Ozuna is perhaps the last player in MLB where you can tell someone to expect "the usual".
        More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
          Ozuna is perhaps the last player in MLB where you can tell someone to expect "the usual".
          Whatever he did, he did, he's an asshole and he was suspended for it. But there's no expectation that another suspension is coming or imminent, as all the projection systems have Ozuna for 480-550 PAs. If you want to discount him based off personal feelings, that's fine.

Gavin Sheets has been on the bench in 2 of the 3 ChiSox games so far.

Comment

Whatever he did, he did, he's an asshole and he was suspended for it. But there's no expectation that another suspension is coming or imminent, as all the projection systems have Ozuna for 480-550 PAs. If you want to discount him based off personal feelings, that's fine.

Gavin Sheets has been on the bench in 2 of the 3 ChiSox games so far.
            Just meant that Ozuna’s variation from season to season seems to be quite large. Wasn’t referring to his sexual assault issues.
            More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Pirates 2B Diego Castillo was their best hitter in spring training. But he was benched in favor of big-time sluggers Hoy Park and Josh Van Meter the first two games. However, he did get the start on backup day today. So, who knows?
              Castillo with 3 hits in his first career start today. The Pirates are undefeated with him in the starting lineup and winless when he starts the game on the bench. So, i expect him to be sitting tomorrow.
              Castillo is on the bench today for the 3rd time in 4 games.

Free Diego Castillo!
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Castillo is on the bench today for the 3rd time in 4 games.

Free Diego Castillo!
                Somebody must agree with me. The game just got rained out.
                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

And Tellez sitting again vs another LHP. Through 4 games, Tellez has started the two vs RHPs and Hiura the two vs LHPs. Seems like this will be a platoon situation barring injury.

Akil Baddoo batting 9th again, behind the likes of Harold Castro & Tucker Barnhart. This is discouraging.

Comment

And Tellez sitting again vs another LHP. Through 4 games, Tellez has started the two vs RHPs and Hiura the two vs LHPs. Seems like this will be a platoon situation barring injury.

Akil Baddoo batting 9th again, behind the likes of Harold Castro & Tucker Barnhart. This is discouraging.
                    Along the Baddoo lines, Edman has hit 9th in every damn game.

Comment

Cavan Biggio has just 4 ABs in 4 games so far. He's started 2 and been replaced early, and sat 2 and pinch hit. That's troubling.

And as far as 'overreacting' here, well, it's not so much overreacting as it is being informed about potential gains and losses of playing time. Outside of NFBC leagues, you can make waiver claims and if a guy like Biggio is just not playing, well, you may need to make a tough decision on him as far as being a waiver wire casualty. There's only so many players you can carry.

Comment

Michael Chavis has made the most of his sporadic playing time so far (.406 AVG in 64 AB since joining the Pirates in 2021) and could be emerging as the Pirates everyday first baseman. He hasn't hit for much power yet but that should come eventually. What makes Chavis a sneaky good pickup is that he also qualifies at second base in most leagues.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Akil "Color Me" Baddoo has sat in consecutive games, vs. both lefties and righties, in favor of Victor Reyes.

Comment

Akil "Color Me" Baddoo has sat in consecutive games, vs. both lefties and righties, in favor of Victor Reyes.
                            More like Akil Bad-don't, amirite?

Comment

His problem is he bad-do instead of good-do.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                                More like Akil Bad-don't, amirite?
                                Baddoodoo

Comment

Working...
                                X