NL Keepers List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ThatRogue View Post
    Burns is excellent , but I tend to shy away from keeping very expensive pitchers going into a draft. In my proposed list, he already has four solid SPs for a combined keeper cost of $55. Couldn’t that $42 be better spent elsewhere?
    Why only going into the draft? Are you thinking that tier of pitcher wont go for that amount? Because otherwise going into the draft vs in the draft itself isn't really any different

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
      Why only going into the draft? Are you thinking that tier of pitcher wont go for that amount? Because otherwise going into the draft vs in the draft itself isn't really any different
      See the edits I added, above.

During the draft, if you hit on a couple of players for less than their anticipated price you can shift dollars to buy a more expensive pitcher. Or, if a stud pitcher goes for slightly less than his expected price, you take the discount. Or, if your other keeper are super cheap (i.e. he had those four pitchers for a combined $30 instead of $55, then he’d have the flexibility to keep Burns and still have enough dollars to buy the hitting he’ll need. But keeping Burns at $42 puts him in a tough spot with regards to getting enough offense.
      2021 Auction Anatomy
      2021 Keeper Decisions
      2020 Auction Anatomy
      2020 Pre-Auction
      2015 Auction Anatomy
      2014 Auction Anatomy
      2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
      RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

See the edits I added, above.

During the draft, if you hit on a couple of players for less than their anticipated price you can shift dollars to buy a more expensive pitcher. Or, if a stud pitcher goes for slightly less than his expected price, you take the discount. Or, if your other keeper are super cheap (i.e. he had those four pitchers for a combined $30 instead of $55, then he’d have the flexibility to keep Burns and still have enough dollars to buy the hitting he’ll need. But keeping Burns at $42 puts him in a tough spot with regards to getting enough offense.
        IMO with 10 teams the focus is on stars, replacement value is really high. You are going to want to have a high end ace, and if you already have one you should keep him at that price.

Comment

This is the reason I am keeping a $53 Gerrit Cole. I need an Ace there won't be many back in. He would go for the same. In the heat of the battle I might not go that high. This way I am locked in and will budget my left over money accordingly.

Comment

I'm now leaning more towards keeping Freeman and not keeping Muncy. Undecided if I'm keeping Burnes although with Buehler it would be an awesome rotation. Going to keep 1 closer and leaning towards Treinen.

Comment

You seem to have too many keepers. A trade may be in order.

Comment

Originally posted by harmon View Post
                You seem to have too many keepers. A trade may be in order.
                You read my thoughts I posted a trade. Easily done. Getting a team to trade with more difficult but you never know.

Comment

Originally posted by pitbull View Post
                  You read my thoughts I posted a trade. Easily done. Getting a team to trade with more difficult but you never know.
                  If you're thinking about not keeping Burnes I have to think you'd get a few guys offering up something pretty nice for him.

Comment

The reason Burnes isn’t a smart bet in my view is he’s unlikely to deliver the high IP count needed to have that kind of impact. For that kind of money you need bankable production. Freddie has offered that in past fwiw.

1B isn’t that deep in NL. And SP weirdly is.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
                      The reason Burnes isn’t a smart bet in my view is he’s unlikely to deliver the high IP count needed to have that kind of impact. For that kind of money you need bankable production. Freddie has offered that in past fwiw.

1B isn’t that deep in NL. And SP weirdly is.
                      I'm trying to trade him. I can't see keeping him and Freeman. If there is no trade then probably keep Mahle and Treinein.

Comment

IMO with 10 teams the focus is on stars, replacement value is really high. You are going to want to have a high end ace, and if you already have one you should keep him at that price.
                        Unless the pitchers are cheap keepers, I tend to prefer to spread the risk when it comes to pitchers and spend more to amass high-end hitters, even in a ten team NL-only league.
                        2021 Auction Anatomy
                        2021 Keeper Decisions
                        2020 Auction Anatomy
                        2020 Pre-Auction
                        2015 Auction Anatomy
                        2014 Auction Anatomy
                        2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
                        RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

Unless the pitchers are cheap keepers, I tend to prefer to spread the risk when it comes to pitchers and spend more to amass high-end hitters, even in a ten team NL-only league.
                          Last year was my first time in this league. There were good bargain towards the end of draft.

Comment

Spread the risk makes more sense in deep leagues. Shallow is heavy stars/scrubs IMO due to the replacement level.

Comment

Working...
                            X