Which Pitcher for the rest of the year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
    There is absolutely no one who has grabbed the reins in LA, so I'm guessing Jansen will get the next crack once he comes off the DL. He'd be my choice for the DL spot if you can stash him there for a week or so. Kuo is close to returning as well so he might be in the mix as well.
    I picked up Jansen. We shall see.

So I lied, I have another question. I'm thinking of making a run at Cano. I have Phillips and Kelly Johnson but Johnson has been in a slump and Phillips is just solid across the board but not good at anything. I just picked up Blackmon after the trade was processed leaving me with an extra spot in the lineup and he seems to be running wild; 5 steals in the last week. I now have a 17 steal lead on the team in second place so I'm thinking of using Bourn as bait to get Cano.

Here is my current lineup:

C Mauer
    1B Gonzalez
    2B Phillips
    SS Hardy (Jeter on the DL)
    3B Longoria
    OF McCutchen
    OF N Cruz
    OF Lind
    UT Bourn
    UT C Lee
    ~~~~
    K Johnson
    Blackmon
    Brantly
    Maybin

I will probably drop Maybin to get a pitcher at some point but if I were to get Cano for Bourn since we start two UT having three second basemen wouldn't bet the best but not the worst thing and I could look to trade one of them. The team with Bourn has another second basemen so we could so a one for one and badly needs steals. I guess my fear is that I'd be trading too much speed with Ichiro and now Bourn. But I still have a good amount of speed and huge lead so I think it's doable.
    I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Well Bourn for Cano didn't work, he offered my Ryan Roberts for Bourn instead. Time to look somewhere else for a little more power.
      I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Working...
      X