Grichuk to Rockies, Tapia to Jays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grichuk to Rockies, Tapia to Jays

Nice bump for Grichuk's value as he should have a better path to PT in Denver.

and Tapia becomes a 4th OF, but with the DH relatively open it's nice way to get a solid defender with a LH bat with speed + decent OBP into the lineup.
    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

How many ABs can we expect out of Grichuk?

Comment

That big outfield area should help Grichuk's BA a bit.

Comment

Struck me as odd at first, but the Jays get a guy they can plug in near the top of the order to generate runs (might hit leadoff), and a prospect.

Gritch was getting no respect in Toronto. He should do well in COL.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
          Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
          Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

I love this trade. Jays continue paring down payroll wherever possible with Vlad + Bo extensions coming up quickly, shedding half of the $18 Mil owed to Grichuk.

Tapia should be 4th OF and defensive replacement late in games, and pinch runner. Tapia should only start regularly when theres an OF injury. He could get a little bit of DH time, but I think A. Kirk has the best chance of the backups to act as the primary DH.
            Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
              I love this trade. Jays continue paring down payroll wherever possible with Vlad + Bo extensions coming up quickly, shedding half of the $18 Mil owed to Grichuk.

Tapia should be 4th OF and defensive replacement late in games, and pinch runner. Tapia should only start regularly when theres an OF injury. He could get a little bit of DH time, but I think A. Kirk has the best chance of the backups to act as the primary DH.
              It's a good baseball trade. Tapia works for the Jays as you point out and a big boost for Grichuk and the Rockies as he brings that power component they were looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post

esp. for the first month with the expanded rosters (28) I expect the Jays will have 3 C's & Kirk will see a lot of DH time.
                It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Working...
                X