Best League Management Site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best League Management Site

We have been using ESPN for 15 years, but it is so limited and requires we do mostly everything by hand (we keep an excel file for minor leagues and do standings by hand). I am co-commish, but the main commish hates change and has fought moving sites for years, saying he'd only move if we found a site that let us do everything we can't do on ESPN. I think we are finally at a point where he accepts we have to switch and nothing will be perfect. We are also fine with paying a premium as long as it is clearly better than the free ESPN option (I'm sure most are).

Some in our league are really pushing Fantrax as the most customizable option for are very custom points league. Some are pushing CBS. I'm looking for advice for which of these is better, or if there is another option that allows for a custom points set up with very deep minor leaguers.

My experience with Fantrax has been great. Always seems to be a way to do anything you want, and if you can't figure it out they have timely customer support to help you through the solution.

Comment

Originally posted by harmon View Post
      My experience with Fantrax has been great. Always seems to be a way to do anything you want, and if you can't figure it out they have timely customer support to help you through the solution.
      The anti-Fantrax crowd has said the site is ugly and there is no app, but a pro Fantrax person says they do have an app now, which is a huge plus.

Comment

I don't want to be a shill for Fantrax, but I 've had no issues with the appearance of the site. Not sure what they would be talking about there but anyway the main thing is to be functional.

There is an app. I have always used the website, so I can't comment on it.

Comment

+1 on Fantrax

Functionality over prettiness for me.
          Follow me on Twitter @ToddZola

Comment

+1 on fantrax.

Also, I think fantrax is the "prettiest" as well oddly.

Comment

I like CBS far and away better than any other option. Fantrax is second, though, and it's pretty fine, too. We used to get the "function vs. fashion" argument from the OnRoto lovers, but I think at this point everyone agrees that that site is crappy.

Edit: I assume no one really gives an actual shit about prettiness, so long as it's not hot garbage like a MySpace page (or like OnRoto). If the question is "which platform can handle our crazy rules" then, well, I'm not really sure. My thinking is that CBS tends to be less flexible (and maybe Fantrax more?) but I'm not too sure, to be honest.
              More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                I like CBS far and away better than any other option. Fantrax is second, though, and it's pretty fine, too. We used to get the "function vs. fashion" argument from the OnRoto lovers, but I think at this point everyone agrees that that site is crappy.

Edit: I assume no one really gives an actual shit about prettiness, so long as it's not hot garbage like a MySpace page (or like OnRoto). If the question is "which platform can handle our crazy rules" then, well, I'm not really sure. My thinking is that CBS tends to be less flexible (and maybe Fantrax more?) but I'm not too sure, to be honest.
                Agree, onroto is the most flexible but it's so outdated visually. Onroto also has big security flaws which I pointed out to their owner and he said they'd address it (never happened).

I believe Fantrax is free for the standard setup vs > $100 for CBS leagues.

What do you like more about CBS than fantrax, it seems like you said CBS was far and away the best but then didn't give a reason you like it more than Fantrax

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                  Agree, onroto is the most flexible but it's so outdated visually. Onroto also has big security flaws which I pointed out to their owner and he said they'd address it (never happened).

I believe Fantrax is free for the standard setup vs > $100 for CBS leagues.

What do you like more about CBS than fantrax, it seems like you said CBS was far and away the best but then didn't give a reason you like it more than Fantrax
                  I just like CBS the most, by a good stretch. I like the interface, I have had nothing but positive experiences with their auctions (I know that doesn't track with everyone here, but it's definitely true for me), I like the ability to interface and sync CBS lineups with other applications (Fantrax has certainly entered the mainstream in this respect now, though), have had good experiences with their help desk or whatever, and I have had generally good experiences with the CBS app and one particularly bad experience with the Fantrax app, although that was several years back. I've played out probably 50 drafts/auctions on CBS or something and only maybe 3 with Fantrax and those were some years back, so my experience is definitely slanted towards CBS to begin with.
                  More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Originally posted by harmon View Post
                    How did you contact Fantrax? Last year I had a question on starting my reserve after the auction concluded. Only contact was via email. The response took 3 days. I had a follow up because my question wasn't really answered. Another 4 days. This went on for a couple of weeks. The auction came and went with no reserve. We had to do it in the chat. Still have no idea how to start that reserve so we moved to CBS this year.

Comment

Originally posted by mike9289 View Post
                      How did you contact Fantrax? Last year I had a question on starting my reserve after the auction concluded. Only contact was via email. The response took 3 days. I had a follow up because my question wasn't really answered. Another 4 days. This went on for a couple of weeks. The auction came and went with no reserve. We had to do it in the chat. Still have no idea how to start that reserve so we moved to CBS this year.
                      excited to see you are able to comment now, I looked in the admin settings and didn't find much - do you know what fixed it?

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                        excited to see you are able to comment now, I looked in the admin settings and didn't find much - do you know what fixed it?
                        Lol, I thought you fixed it

Comment

Lol, I thought you fixed it
                          OK, I may have, I toggled one or two things

Comment

They have a customer service phone line, it's listed in the FAQ Help section.

Comment

Working...
                            X