AL Only Keeper Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AL Only Keeper Question

12 Team AL Only League, 5x5 scoring with saves replaced with saves+holds, high inflation due to keepers / minor league system

Would you rather have:
    Option 1 J. Berrios $32
    Option 2 J. Romano $10
    Option 3 G. Whitlock $1

My only other pitcher keeper is Giolito $12, will have 8 hitters.

I think you get Berrios back in auction for that price.

I take Romano for the ten bucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
      I think you get Berrios back in auction for that price.

I take Romano for the ten bucks.

Thanks, I've been debating this. I think most of the top starters will be kept. In fact Berrios might be the best starter available in the auction so I could see him going close to 40.

Comment

agree with Gregg's guidance

Comment

Much appreciated.

Comment

I would take Romano.

Comment

Another vote for Romano. Throw out top starters in the auction so people spend money and fill spots before Berrios comes up.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
              Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
              Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Originally posted by wombat104 View Post
                Thanks, I've been debating this. I think most of the top starters will be kept. In fact Berrios might be the best starter available in the auction so I could see him going close to 40.
                $41

Very happy to see Berrios on the available list my friend!

Comment

Ohtani will be the highest SP/UT though. Can’t wait to see his price but with the 2nd toss out you can safely assume we’ll establish the Berrios price early…..

Comment

On second thought, I might lock up Berrios and take my chance at finding saves or speculative guys in the auction.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Rosters locked for us last night so Berrios joins Ohtani and Gausman as the only premium SPs available.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Tymer View Post
                        Rosters locked for us last night so Berrios joins Ohtani and Gausman as the only premium SPs available.
                        So if all most all of the premium pitchers are rostered if would depend on how they are split up. The only teams that would be in on an expensive Berrios would be ones that are short in pitching. What does that look like?

Where does the league like to spend their money? How much money will be in the auction for how many players? Seems like if Berrios and Gausman (Ohtani is offense with the the extra value as pitcher) are the only two in the auction some teams should have be trading hard in the off season.

I ask these questions as my AL only seems to be in the same predicament. Except Berrios is kept at $26. Gausman is in the auction as the best available unless there are surprise drops. I traded for and am keeping Gerit Cole at $53.

Comment

The issue we have is this is AL (not a lot of great pitching to begin with), 12 teams, high inflation and then a lot of below value SP keepers. I fully expect the prices at auction to be, well, robust.

Comment

Got Berrios for $37
                            Guasman for $33 is a decent price
                            Would of rather had Montas for $38
                            Happy I got Tallion for $17

Comment

Good chance Whitlock starts. And imo he will be very very good. Whitlock for a buck? Yes please. Romano tempting too, though in saves plus holds I think closers clearly lose value. $9 will buy a lot, no? Glad it worked out though!

Comment

Working...
                              X