Kissin Kousin Keepers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kissin Kousin Keepers

So in one league I tied Revo on the last day for 1st thanks to the last place team getting a 9th inning HR and 2 RBI to pass Ed in the RBI category.....hehe

This is a strange league. 15 teams, not much trading, 3 man rookie squad yet the standard roto mixed with OBP (replacing Avg.) Tons of cheap keepers and a shitload spent at the auction. 6 ML keepers--that's it.

Offense is heard to come by and goes for a premium, while arms seem to be at or below normal prices. Oh and you can only have a guy for 2 years at his original salary--all B contracts can be #1 Kept for 10 additional bucks--designated X1 or extended at 10 buck a year up to 3 years so keeping B is +10 X1 up to +30 X3--I know odd, but obviously designed to create turnover and allow for everyone to have shots at the best players.

I'm keeping these 6:

Salvador Perez 14 X1
    J Ramirez 47 X1
    Starling Marte 27B
    G Springer 26B
    K Tucker 20 X1

R Pressley 11 X1

That's 4 extensions at 10 bucks a shot. That's 145 in keepers--Ramirez is a borderline keep, but I'm sure he'll go close to that or higher (last year Yelich 47, Betts 51, Soto 53 X1)

Would you consider any of these other guys over the ones I've chosen to keep?

Bader 1B
    Melancon 3B (I'm not sure he'll fare well in AZ)
    Mize 1B

Thanks for your time...
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

I go with what you have. All 3 are cheap but risky as to what they will produce compare to what you are keeping.

Comment

Agree, go with your list.

Comment

Agree on your list.
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

I'm surprised at your lack of interest in Abrams

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
            I'm surprised at your lack of interest in Abrams
            Shoot me a trade offer
            If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
            X