Krappy Keepers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Krappy Keepers

So--I went for it in RJEL last year--took a team I planned to use to rebuild and after finding myself in the top 2-3 for most of the first half, decided to go for it-I mortgaged everything of value to eek out a 4th place money shot on the last day. The carnage was palpable and obvious in what I've left to select keepers from. It's an 18 team, mixed standard roto with 1 catcher and OBP instead of Avg. $265 to play with-- here's what I have decided to keep:

This year's contract status--

Bogaerts 42B
    Stanton 28B

Lamet 7/22 (last year)
    Houser 3B
    McHugh 2B
    Wainwright 1X (not extending)
    Wisler 1B
    Bender 1B

That's 8 of 10 keepers at 85 leaving me 180 for 20 guys.
    I've kept the arms thinking I'd get a head start on dollar days and most of them are solid guys who could #1 Surprise #2 Grab a closer slot.

Guys I'm NOT thinking of keeping:

G Sanchez 12B
    M Rojas 7X
    Brantley 21B
    K Marte 25B

Ryu 30B
    Yarbrough 7B
    I Kennedy 3B
    Lorenzen 2B

That's it--I had almost every expiring contract on my team so this is it.

Should I keep a guy like Marte who might go for the same or less (possible a bit more)? Should I toss back some of my intended keepers?

Any input would be helpful. TIA
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

I think you have it right with the exception of Marte. I think he is a keeper at $25.

Comment

I would probably not be keeping McHugh or Wisler.

Yes on Marte

Comment

I'd also keep Marte.
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Working...
        X