POLL: AL-only 5x5 Keeper League - Haas $2 or Kirk $9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• POLL: AL-only 5x5 Keeper League - Haas $2 or Kirk $9

12-team AL-only 5x5 Keeper League with about 30% inflation.

Last keeper slot. Which one?

> Eric Haase $2
    > Alejandro Kirk $9
    Eric Haase $2
    0%
    Alejandro Kirk $9
    0%

The poll is expired.

I go with Kirk.

Comment

I voted for Haase who's a bargain at $2. He is projected to hit more HR and RBI than Kirk with a 10 pt lower average. For $7 more I wouldn't take the gamble on Kirk but he does have the higher ceiling.
      Last edited by virgonomic; 03-20-2022, 08:28 AM.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
      Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
      Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
        I voted for Haase who's a bargain at $2. He is projected to hit more HR and RBI than Kirk with a 10 pt lower average. For $7 I wouldn't take the gamble on Kirk but he does have the higher ceiling.
        Haase IMO is a one year wonder. All it would take is a prolong slump into oblivion. He always had power and always has very low BA but that being said he only $2 so if he doesn't work out no great loss. I don't like Kirk at $9 either but since you gave me a choice....

Comment

Originally posted by pitbull View Post
          Haase IMO is a one year wonder. All it would take is a prolong slump into oblivion. He always had power and always has very low BA but that being said he only $2 so if he doesn't work out no great loss. I don't like Kirk at $9 either but since you gave me a choice....
          exactly what I was thinking, not loving either choice; plus with Tucker Barnhart in Det Haase could end up with <200ABs. tough to keep.
          It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Some good points above. Kirk's valued at 12, Haase at 1 in a 10-teamer. I change my vote.

Kirk 4
            Haase 2

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
              exactly what I was thinking, not loving either choice; plus with Tucker Barnhart in Det Haase could end up with <200ABs. tough to keep.
              Haase AB is the 2nd catcher according to Hinch. When he isn't subbing for Barnhart then he'll play 1B, DH and LF. However this is yet to be worked out. Tork making team as 1B pushing Cabrera to DH. Grossman, Baddoo and Greene (if he makes the team) will be the primary OF. Plenty of AB if Tork and Greene are sent down. It is not a fluid situation and it will be worked out as the season wears on. For now Hasse should play. As I indicated before he is only $2 so his value is right.

Comment

I didn't know but Kirk is 5'8" and 265 lb. Does that make him Panda Jr?

Comment

I wish the Tigers would tell me if they are keeping a 3rd catcher. That may provide more insight on how often they plan to play Haase in the OF. If you look at that crap OF depth chart the Tigers have, Haase would have a shot to play a lot of LF. (Grossman, Baddoo, Victor Reyes and Derek Hill are the only other OF projected to make the team. And I guess you could count Willi Castro as a sometimes OFer. Yuck.)

My heart says Kirk since he's so much more fun, but my head says Haase for $7 less. This is a 12-teamer with pretty good inflation, so I'm now leaning towards Haase. I agree Haase feels like a flash in the pan, though.

Neither options are exciting, but as the last keeper, whateves.

Comment

Originally posted by YourPalChrisMal View Post
                    I wish the Tigers would tell me if they are keeping a 3rd catcher. That may provide more insight on how often they plan to play Haase in the OF. If you look at that crap OF depth chart the Tigers have, Haase would have a shot to play a lot of LF. (Grossman, Baddoo, Victor Reyes and Derek Hill are the only other OF projected to make the team. And I guess you could count Willi Castro as a sometimes OFer. Yuck.)

My heart says Kirk since he's so much more fun, but my head says Haase for $7 less. This is a 12-teamer with pretty good inflation, so I'm now leaning towards Haase. I agree Haase feels like a flash in the pan, though.

Neither options are exciting, but as the last keeper, whateves.
                    Greene may be starting also in the OF.

Comment

Another benefit of Haase is that if you draft a 3rd catcher who's productive, you can slot Haase in in the OF. I rostered him in both leagues last year at times and held him as an OF while he was producing.

I don't think you can go wrong; you have options at 2 price points and you should decide how much you want to spend on a C pre-auction.

Comment

Rosters freeze in 45 minutes. I know everyone is on the edge of your seats. 2 days ago I was going with Kirk. Yesterday I was 100% decided on Haase. Today I'm submitting it with Kirk. My heart says Kirk, My head says Haase. I've been playing this game for over 35 years. Sometimes you just go with what is more fun as the deciding factor, and Kirk is way more fun. So Kirk it is.

Comment

I voted Kirk, but it is close. When the decision is close, I tend to let upside break the tie. Fun is also a good tie breaker.

Comment

Working...
                          X