Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

18 tm Dynasty, how would you play this team?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 18 tm Dynasty, how would you play this team?

18 tm dynasty, huge rosters, 23 active/10 reserve/20 farm, how cool is that? I have a fun team, finished top 3rd last year, looks to me to be a top 3rd team this year without tinkering. I made one huge trade last year, sending Kyle Tucker away for the trio of JT Realmutto (it is 2 active catcher league), C Yelich, and K Gausman, who I guess is my ace. I would classify my go for it the win effort as half hearted. Majority of my roster value is in a ridiculous lot of outfielders, Harper, Betts, Yelich, Teo Hernandez, Stanton, Conforto, and young Jesus Sanchez graduated from farm, to my bench, where I do not have room to play him, with 5 of/1 ut filled.

Keep forever. Say those words. My pitching is ok but not top tier. Would you treat this like its just a play and go and swap your excess outfield value for pitching, and at what level. Like aim for usable good sp, for a Conforto or J Sanchez swap. Or get rid of a blue chip? I think the keep forever aspect means you do not go for it, and get wrecked, because there is no real reset next year. Not really. You will get fresh farm, and some pickup that other teams did not proect, but you will not just pick up a Harper or Betts.

I love this team. I do not know how to play it though. 18 teams only top 4 get cashed. I have been in 10 tm leagues that award top 4 so this seems a higher climb than most league with less chance to retool than auctions. I think it is 1st dynasty leagues for most of us so I think a lot of us are equally clueless.

One team made huge number of big big trades last year. Curious if they would do that again, or feel that was error?

Comment

Who do you have for pitching?

How many keepers?

Comment

Gregg, I get this does not compute. It is why this is so different for 18 long timer roto owners. Full fledged dynasty, as in you can keep everyone, all 53, from last year to next. No salaries, no contracts, keep forever. There is a lower end of the roster swap of basically your lowest 2 guys for other teams non protected lowest couple guys called Rule 5 Offseason Draft. But it is a swapping of crumbs and lotto ticket typeswith zero heart of lineup guys being exposed.

Comment

What are the rules about the farm? Is it basically minors only, or can you stash anyone there?

33 X 18 = 594 players which is deep but not unknown. I have a 20 team redraft league which rosters 600 players. WW will be sparse but usable. As a rule, any player with playing time is useful. I'd ask some players who do 10 and 12 team only leagues for in-season tips.

J
          Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

New influx of talent is the annual draft where you get position yourself to land basically first year players, and maybe roundout fringe to beef up your reserve. But for most part most teams are picking about 5 or 6 players for the draft and basically for beefing up farm.

Comment

53 players per team onejay, 23 active/10 reserve/20 farm= 53 players

Comment

Originally posted by gcstomp View Post
                Gregg, I get this does not compute. It is why this is so different for 18 long timer roto owners. Full fledged dynasty, as in you can keep everyone, all 53, from last year to next. No salaries, no contracts, keep forever. There is a lower end of the roster swap of basically your lowest 2 guys for other teams non protected lowest couple guys called Rule 5 Offseason Draft. But it is a swapping of crumbs and lotto ticket typeswith zero heart of lineup guys being exposed.
                Interesting.

Then I would not get rid of the players that got you to 3rd place. Unless it was a very solid one OF for one Pitcher.

Comment

I would say very experienced lot of 18 players form the league. If we took a poll, which may be a fun idea, I would say average owner has participated in roto for 20+ years. As in we all have experience with 10 or 12 teamers, but I think full massive dynasty is a new thing for most all of us.

Comment

53 players per team onejay, 23 active/10 reserve/20 farm= 53 players
                    Got that.

What are the rules for the farm? Is it restricted to minor league players or those not yet ROY eligible? If so, the farm becomes a personal waiver pool of sorts. For practical purposes it's an 18 team league with 33 man rosters.

J
                    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

One team made huge number of big big trades last year. Curious if they would do that again, or feel that was error?
                      I would not.

4th place money was nice, but I got too antsy and impatient.

That won't be happening this season.

I hope.
                      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

gwynn my dude!
                        "That won't be happening this season."
                        Am i not seeing you made another multi player trade just today?

Comment

gwynn my dude!
                          All hope is lost...
                          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

oops I did it again.....

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

gwynn my dude!
                              My name is GwynnInTheHall and I'm a trade-aholic.... It's been 1 hour since my last trade...

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                              X