AL Keepers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AL Keepers

Finished 3rd last year. 5x5 auction. $260. No contracts but kept players go up $5. 10 keepers total which includes any minor leaguers. Minor leaguers contract do not go up. As a price for finishing 3rd I get to apply a $8
    discount off their salary.

Salaries have the $5 increase for this season. Which player would you apply the $8 discount. I pick 6 keepers so far. Who are the other 4?

C Torrens $6
    1B Abreu $29
    2B Ibanez $8
    3B Rendon $16 keep
    3B Candelario $16
    SS Urshela $15
    OF Arozarena $36
    OF Benintendi $16
    OF Marsh $7
    OF T Hernandez $22 keep
    SS L Acuna $2 minors
    SS Martin $10 minors
    3B Jung $5 minors
    OF Greene $10 minors keep

P Scott Barlow $15 keep
    P Bieber $18 keep
    P Luis Garcia $20
    P Manoah $10 keep
    P Quantrill $15
    P Urquidy $20
    P Framer Valdez $13
    P Verlander $6 keep
    P Patino $8

These are the 4 I came up with. Urshela just missed the cut.

1B Abreu $29
    3B Candelario $16
    OF Benintendi $16
    P Framber Valdez $13

I'd apply the discount to Teoscar to suppress his price. I could also see applying to Manoah to have a cheap, young stud.
    Last edited by virgonomic; 03-19-2022, 07:45 AM.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Interesting wrinkle with the $8 discount. That makes you really think.

What do the other finishers get?

I would go with:

Abreu 29
      Valdez 13
      Garcia 20
      Urshela 15

discount Teoscar

Comment

Originally posted by harmon View Post

I would go with:

Abreu 29
        Valdez 13
        Garcia 20
        Urshela 15

discount Teoscar
        I've been going back and forth on Abreu. 35 yrs old but really no red flags on him. Rate the pitchers on the bubble Garcia, Valdez, Quantrill, Urquidy and Patina. Like Quantrill but think Valdez will the safer pick. Would you consider keeping Jung? I know his his out until late in the year but he was slated to take over 3B.

Comment

I agree with the others on the keeps. I have no argument on Teo getting the discount, but I would seriously consider giving to Bieber. Getting Bieber for $10 bucks is insane.

Comment

Originally posted by pitbull View Post
            I've been going back and forth on Abreu. 35 yrs old but really no red flags on him. Rate the pitchers on the bubble Garcia, Valdez, Quantrill, Urquidy and Patina. Like Quantrill but think Valdez will the safer pick. Would you consider keeping Jung? I know his his out until late in the year but he was slated to take over 3B.
            Keep Jung, yes. Will never look back come 2023.

Comment

I would go with:

Abreu 29
              Valdez 13
              Garcia 20
              Urshela 15

discount Teoscar
              1st and 2nd get money of course. 3rd-$8 4th-$7 5th-$6 and 6th-$5. 7-10 nothing. This was put in to encourage owners to finish higher. I'll found that to be pretty true in both AL and NL.

Comment

I would go with:

Abreu 29
                Valdez 13
                Garcia 20
                Urshela 15

discount Teoscar
                I think I agree with this - I'm sure tempted by a $2 Manoah or an $8 Bieber, though. I could also keep Jung over Urshela. Garcia ain't cheap but I'm pretty high on him this year. You know your league and whether you can buy him back around that same price.
                More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Teoscar has two years before he’s a FA. Discount him then trade him.

Comment

I really like that discounting provision.

How long has your league been using that and has it worked out well? Is it a tradeable asset?

Comment

I really like that discounting provision.

How long has your league been using that and has it worked out well? Is it a tradeable asset?
                      League been around something like 15yrs but I joined last year. A friend of mine send me an invite to join both AL and NL same format. Most of the owners I think are original so I think they are happy with it. In both leagues teams did dump but not until at least June and the salary cap is low set at $300 for active players makes it more difficult. Reserve do not count but they have a 17 reserve draft following the draft in which you can draft either players not taken or minor leaguers or international players or college. We not have a DL list so if you FAAB a player you must remove a player from your team. The salary asset is not tradable. Interesting league. Finished 3rd AL and won the NL. This season I have more of a handle on the rules (who actually read those?} and strategy.

Comment

I'm trying to narrow this down. So far I 8 keepers which total $92 with the $8 discount. Greene $10 will not count towards the auction and will be activated after the auction. If I keep Abreu and Garcia that adds $49 giving me only $119 to spend on the auction. Keeping Garcia Gives me a very good rotation and only 3 pitching spots to fill. I would have draft 1 more closer and fill in cheap pitching the other two spots. Also does it makes sense to keep Quantrill over Garcia and save $5? Or I could keep Jung for next year. Or should I go cheap and keep Torrens $6 but I think he will be used mostly at DH but has intriguing power.

Which 2 would you pick?

C Torrens $6
                        1B Abreu $29
                        3B Jung $5 minors
                        P Luis Garcia $20
                        P Quantrill $15

3B Rendon $16 keep
                        OF T Hernandez $22 keep
                        OF Greene $10 minors keep
                        P Scott Barlow $15 keep
                        P Bieber $18 keep
                        P Manoah $10 keep
                        P Framer Valdez $13 keep
                        P Verlander $6 keep

Comment

I'm leaning towards keeping one of Garcia or Q, probably Garcia, and stash Jung.

Comment

Garcia over Quantrill and not particularly close. Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                            X