DC Challenge Picks Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Todd Zola View Post
    FYI -- ATC uses Steamer and ZiPS in it's weighted average.
    Ah! So this is why I'm not in first. I call Shenanigans!
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

There are a few options in my program so I've just been tinkering about. I know ATC has the best projections two years running but also that a lot of folks use Steamer. I had Razzball in there for a while, too, but took them out. I could also use The Bat or, potentially, PECOTA but I don't have a subscription to the latter.
      More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

maybe I got a couple of saves?
        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Down to the 1-hour clock FYI

Comment

Does anyone know how they handle a guy who might not have enough games played at, say 15 at 1st and 12 at 3rd. Would he qualify at CI?
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
              Does anyone know how they handle a guy who might not have enough games played at, say 15 at 1st and 12 at 3rd. Would he qualify at CI?
              UT only.

Comment

This applies to Gavin Sheets who is UT only on draft day

The NFBC will use the following position eligibility rules in 2022:

a) Players who played at least 20 games at any position in 2021 will qualify at that position for the entire 2022 NFBC season. Players who play 10 games at a new position in 2022 will be eligible at that position after they have played there for the 10th time during the 2022 MLB regular season. Any player who missed all of the previous season to injury or retirement will qualify at the position he last was eligible for in the majors.

b) If a player did not appear in 20 games at any position, he qualifies at the one position he played most frequently the prior season in the majors. Designated Hitter is considered a position for these purposes (pinch-hitting is not). A player who only qualifies as a DH may only be assigned to the UT position. If a player's most games played at a position is less than 20 and tied among more than one position, the NFBC commissioner will assign eligibility at one position only based on prior year minor league games played.

c) Those players who only pinch-hit in the majors in 2021 will be position eligible according to their minor-league games played status in 2021. They would qualify at the position they played the most games in the minors.

d) Players who played all of 2021 in the minor leagues will be awarded position eligibility for the 2022 NFBC season based on the most games played at all levels in the minors for the previous year. NFBC will determine that one eligible position before Draft Day and that will determine that player's status for 2022 once he is called up to the majors. Those players who only pinch-hit or DH in the minors will only be UT-eligible.

e) The NFBC commissioner will rule on player eligibility prior to the draft as he deems necessary. Those eligibility lists are final and will be available to all owners prior to Draft Day.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                  UT only.
                  It depends if there is another position in which the player gathered at least 20 games. Jason used Sheets as an example. His 22 games at DH make him UT-only.

If a player had 15 games at 1B and 12 at 3B and that's it, he would be 1B (and CI eligible).

As an aside, the XFL (not technically an industry league, but almost everyone is in it, this is the one we draft at FPAZ), we have a rule where we give CI or MI if the 1b+3B (or 2B+SS) is at least 20 games.

123 games at 3B
                  13 games at 2B
                  8 games at SS

would be 3B, CI, MI, UT
                  Follow me on Twitter @ToddZola

Comment

Yes I know he is retired and then very small possibility that he will change this mind probably makes him more valuable to me than anybody else I was thinking of taking.

Comment

• I had some rather large swings vs ADP as we went on

Comment

• I had only Albert Pujols in my queue when the draft ended.

Man, it's been a long time since I remember a mixed league draft that didn't include him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                          https://twitter.com/jasoncollette/st...85221349957635

I had some rather large swings vs ADP as we went on
                          So what’s the article?
                          More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                            I had only Albert Pujols in my queue when the draft ended.

Man, it's been a long time since I remember a mixed league draft that didn't include him.
                            I strongly considered putting him at the top of my queue before my final pick. Just because…
                            2021 Auction Anatomy
                            2021 Keeper Decisions
                            2020 Auction Anatomy
                            2020 Pre-Auction
                            2015 Auction Anatomy
                            2014 Auction Anatomy
                            2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
                            RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

• Just saw where Fantasy Pros has a Draft Wizard which ranked the drafts. The top three were Feral Slasher, Futuis and Ken, with grades of A+, A and A-, and all of whom have strong pitching.
                              If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

• Originally posted by Redbirds Fan View Post
                                Just saw where Fantasy Pros has a Draft Wizard which ranked the drafts. The top three were Feral Slasher, Futuis and Ken, with grades of A+, A and A-, and all of whom have strong pitching.
                                Do you have a link?
                                2021 Auction Anatomy
                                2021 Keeper Decisions
                                2020 Auction Anatomy
                                2020 Pre-Auction
                                2015 Auction Anatomy
                                2014 Auction Anatomy
                                2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
                                RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

Working...