Pitcher trade help please...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ken View Post
    Do you have any options other than Minor? Doesn't feel like a keeper.
    Thanks for the input.

I do not have other options at pitcher. I do have a $5 Danny Santana that I would swap out if he signs in the AL.

There are some pitchers posted on the trade block, but most of them are overpriced for what you get.

I am trying to work our a couple of deals that can take his "keeper" spot, not sure how close any of those really are.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
      I ended up trading my 31 (play out or give raise at $5 per year) Tim Anderson for 53B Gerrit Cole to a different owner.

Now my pitching looks like this going into the auction:

Gerrit Cole 53B
      Marco Gonzales 2X
      Michael Kopech 8XX
      Mike Minor 3B
      Justin Verlander 1B
      Cole Sulser 6B

Kopech is done after this year. If Sulser is not the closer I think I put him back. I can give Gonzales a year but I am not planning on it.

I know there are question marks, but I am pretty stoked about this staff. Any thoughts or comments are appreciated.
      Wow, I forgot to mention I also have Ohtani for 15 and done. I have him in my OF. But with daily moves he will be pitching for me. Must not have had enough coffee when I posted my roster.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
        Wow, I forgot to mention I also have Ohtani for 15 and done. I have him in my OF. But with daily moves he will be pitching for me. Must not have had enough coffee when I posted my roster.
        I know I’m out of my lane when it comes to AL-only, but that’s a rather significant detail to leave out. lol
        2021 Auction Anatomy
        2021 Keeper Decisions
        2020 Auction Anatomy
        2020 Pre-Auction
        2015 Auction Anatomy
        2014 Auction Anatomy
        2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
        RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

Originally posted by ThatRogue View Post
          I know I’m out of my lane when it comes to AL-only, but that’s a rather significant detail to leave out. lol
          Right. I think my face turned red when I posted it.

This is actually my current keeper pitching roster.

Shohei Ohtani 15xx
          Gerrit Cole 53B
          Marco Gonzales 2X
          Michael Kopech 8XX
          Mike Minor 3B
          Justin Verlander 1B
          Cole Sulser 6B

My preliminary thinking was to keep Minor as a cheap option for wins and k's with the others smoothing out his rough spots. Since Ken's comment I have been trying to make some trades for a better keeper. So far no dice.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
            Hurry and accept the Manoah offer before it's off the table.
            I picked up Hendriks for Verlander making Chapman expendable. So I sent this owner a trade offer Chapman for Severino 11C play out or extend at $5. He immediately called and said he would do Severino for Hendricks. We bantered back and fourth me telling him I do not want to trade Hendriks and certainly not for Severino.

So I said tell you what I will keep Chapman and trade you Hendriks for Manoah? He declined. Ha.

Comment

Working...
            X