X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here we gooooo

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
      I never understood how willing everyone involved in baseball is willing to have their sport be the only sport where some teams out spend other teams 3 to 1.
      Manchester U outspends the lower echelon of the Premier League like 10 to 1.
      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
        Closer to 20

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
          I did not know that. Hard to imagine a team ever losing when it has a 10 or 20 to 1 resource advantage over its competitors.

Comment

I did not know that. Hard to imagine a team ever losing when it has a 10 or 20 to 1 resource advantage over its competitors.
            Man U hasn’t won the epl in the last 9 seasons

Comment

• Why are we talking about a “sport” that requires no hand-eye coordination?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                Man U hasn’t won the epl in the last 9 seasons
                How embarrassing for them. I don't even think I'd have the stomach to crow about winning with that kind of advantage.

Comment

• This is the critical weekend, and with a deal nowhere in sight, I now fully expect MLB & MLBPA to find a way to decimate the season. MLB managed to f things up with the statement they would cancel games rather than postpone/reschedule them, and that upped the threat level dramatically because it showed MLB held the cards, not the MLBPA. I fully expect the MLBPA to start to backtrack on the parts they've already "agreed" to, and this could end up just like the '20 season, when players demanded to be paid for games missed according to their contract. The players are not going to lose money here, so if Monday arrives and there's no deal, we're back to even before square one.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                    This is the critical weekend, and with a deal nowhere in sight, I now fully expect MLB & MLBPA to find a way to decimate the season. MLB managed to f things up with the statement they would cancel games rather than postpone/reschedule them, and that upped the threat level dramatically because it showed MLB held the cards, not the MLBPA. I fully expect the MLBPA to start to backtrack on the parts they've already "agreed" to, and this could end up just like the '20 season, when players demanded to be paid for games missed according to their contract. The players are not going to lose money here, so if Monday arrives and there's no deal, we're back to even before square one.
                    Wow, your optimism did a 180!

Comment

Wow, your optimism did a 180!
                      Yes, MLB changed the dynamics with their stupid proclamation that games would be cancelled rather than rescheduled.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                        Yes, MLB changed the dynamics with their stupid proclamation that games would be cancelled rather than rescheduled.
                        MLBPA still has a huge ace in the hole with MLB essentially making TV deals assuming expanded playoffs. Proclamations can be unproclamated.
                        Follow me on Twitter @ToddZola

Comment

• Originally posted by Todd Zola View Post
                          MLBPA still has a huge ace in the hole with MLB essentially making TV deals assuming expanded playoffs. Proclamations can be unproclamated.
                          Right, I had said that this would lead MLBPA to rescind their "handshake" agreements on other aspects of the CBA, and this is the biggest one. But because only MLB proclaimed a "deadline" and claiming if that so-called deadline is passed then the players lose with no recourse seems to lead right to an MLBPA response of "our players are definitely not losing any money." Which is exactly what happened in 2020.

Let's hope it doesn't come to this, but that MLB language seems to have escalated the animosity.

Comment

• At least this nonsense gave me another chance to troll David Samson

Comment

• This was interesting:
                              Liberty Media released its 2021 earnings today, revealing within a sizable uptick in revenue for the Braves. Read more at MLB Trade Rumors.
                              2021 Auction Anatomy
                              2021 Keeper Decisions
                              2020 Auction Anatomy
                              2020 Pre-Auction
                              2015 Auction Anatomy
                              2014 Auction Anatomy
                              2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
                              RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

• Teams can use deductions and depreciation to make it look like they're bleeding cash when it's far from it.

Comment

Working...
                                X